It isn’t summer in New England without ice cream, fried clams, and lobster rolls. Never be without the trifecta of essential beach fare with this map close at hand, which highlights classic destinations throughout the region, touching on Cape Cod, Massachusetts' North Shore, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and a tiny bit of Maine.
Some are BYOB, some feature amusements like mini golf, and most have waterfront views. Whichever you pick, you'll find a casual ambiance (often outdoors) and traditional beach-friendly foods like fried seafood and soft-serve.
Want to eat outdoors without getting too far from Boston? Try these related maps and guides:
- Eat Dollar Oysters on These Patios
- Seven Delightful Hidden Boston Patios
- Boston Picnic Guide: Where to Eat and What to Eat
- Take Your Summer Dining to New Heights on These Rooftops
- Boston's Best Patios With Serious Wine Lists
- Dog-Friendly Boston Restaurant Patios.
Note: Map points are listed geographically from north to south, not ranked.Read More