The James Beard Foundation has announced the finalists for its prestigious restaurant and chef awards in 2023.
New England talent is represented in four award categories, including Nightshade Noodle Bar’s Rachel Miller, who is up for outstanding chef, and the Quarry in Monson, Maine, which is a finalist for outstanding hospitality. Two Boston chefs — Valentine Howell of Greek spot Krasi in Back Bay and Yisha Siu of Chinese restaurant Yunnan Kitchen in the South End — have been nominated for best chef, Northeast. The finalists were whittled down from a longlist of restaurant and chef award semifinalists that was announced back in January.
The winners will be announced in an awards ceremony in Chicago on Monday, June 5.
Check out all of the New England finalists below, and see the full list of finalists here.
- Rachel Miller, Nightshade Noodle Bar, Lynn, MA
- Coracora, West Hartford, CT
- The Quarry, Monson, ME
Best Chef: Northeast
- Valentine Howell, Krasi, Boston, MA
- Christian Hunter, Community Table, Washington, CT
- Sherry Pocknett, Sly Fox Den Too, Charlestown, RI
- Yisha Siu, Yunnan Kitchen, Boston, MA
- Reneé Touponce, The Port of Call, Mystic, CT
Disclosure: Some Vox Media staff members are part of the voting body for the James Beard Awards. Eater is partnering with the James Beard Foundation to livestream the awards in 2023.