Welcome back to AM Intel, a round-up of mini news bites to kick off the day.
Eat Oysters on a Tall Ship
After getting delayed a couple years, the floating restaurant first announced in March 2019 finally opens today, June 30, on the East Boston waterfront (not in Charlestown as originally planned). It comes courtesy of the Navy Yard Hospitality Group, which is also behind waterfront spots Pier 6, Reelhouse, and more. The new restaurant, which is on a tall ship, is called the Tall Ship. The restaurant group describes it as a floating oyster bar, and it’ll play host to live music and other events. Along the pier, refurbished shipping containers will be home to various vendors, and food trucks will be able to park onsite as well.
Buy Wine in Harvard Square
Bertil Jean-Chronberg (The Beehive, Beat Brew Hall) will open a tiny shop for wine and accessories in Harvard Square, Bonde Fine Wine Shop, next week (54 Church St., Cambridge). Bonde will also host events, produce a podcast, and deliver wine locally and ship through the state. The shop will focus on wines sourced from sustainable practices.
In Other News...
- Local Indian mini-chain Shanti — which has locations in Cambridge, Dorchester, and Roslindale — is now offering a monthly subscription for a tasting menu to be picked up in Dorchester or Roslindale. Each month will feature a different regional cuisine, starting with Uttar Pradesh in July.
- Tickets are on sale for the rescheduled event with London-based chef and cookbook author Yotam Ottolenghi at the Emerson Colonial Theatre, now taking place on April 30, 2022.
- Like to picnic but hate planning a picnic? Local company Picnic on Point offers several themed picnic packages (including set-up and clean-up) at various locations around Boston, such as Castle Island or Boston Common.
- Funky Kendall Square cafe/bar-inside-an-ice-cream-shop Earnest Drinks at Gracie’s Ice Cream has added dinner to its offerings, with dishes such as a pulled pork three-way (in the style of a North Shore three-way roast beef), braised octopus on a hot dog bun, charcuterie plates, and spaghetti and meatballs.
- Strega North End has cocktail trees.
Got a news tip for the Eater Boston team? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.