Halloween’s just two days away, but it’s not too late to grab some sweet last-minute treats to enjoy with your family or bring to your friend’s costume party. Here’s where to buy dalgona mochi doughnuts to go with the inevitably omnipresent Squid Game Halloween costumes you’ll see this weekend, as well as skull-shaped chocolate bonbons, candy-filled ice cream flavors, and more.
- Union Square Donuts is featuring a monster doughnut topped with sugary crystals, vanilla glaze, sprinkle eyeballs, fondant fangs, and “bloody” caramel sauce; there’s also candy corn, Halloween funfetti, and other holiday doughnut flavors, available through October 31. Order online from the shop’s Somerville, Brookline, and Boston Public Market locations here.
- New Allston mochi doughnut shop Pon de Joy is selling Squid Game-inspired dalgona mochi doughnuts throughout the weekend. (Mochi doughnut newbie? Here’s the rundown.)
- Lionheart Confections is popping up at several places in the Boston area and New Hampshire throughout Halloween weekend, featuring some classic doughnut flavors as well as Halloween specials, like Red Rum, a rum red velvet. Check out the full schedule here to catch Lionheart at Reign Drink Lab in Dorchester, Night Shift Brewing in Everett, and beyond.
- As of press time, Petrova Chocolates had a single Halloween bonbon kit left in stock — will it be yours? Order now for pickup at Bow Market in Somerville on October 30. Flavors include a Squid Game-inspired Snickers bonbon, pumpkin spice liquor, Almond Joy, and chocolate death.
- Confections by Carly is selling a variety of Halloween treats, including a caramel ganache box featuring skull-shaped chocolates, chocolate bat lollipops, and more; order online for pickup in Chestnut Hill.
- “Just because ice cream isn’t a common Halloween treat doesn’t mean it can’t be,” says Gracie’s Ice Cream. “Free your mind and the pints will follow.” With locations in Somerville’s Union Square and Cambridge’s Kendall Square, Gracie’s has flavors available that feel Halloween-y, like M&M, and other flavors that just sound good, Halloween or not, like chocolate marshmallow, dirty mint chip, or...Frank’s Red Hot? Free your mind. Online ordering available for both locations here.
- Cambridge shop Toscanini’s has some candy-filled ice cream flavors on its current list that would also be suitable for the holiday, such as chocolate Kit-Kat and peanut butter cup. Online ordering is available.