As the week draws to a close, here’s a look back at the most-read stories this week, from a map of tourist traps that are actually worth visiting to news of upcoming expansion for Blackbird Doughnuts.
- Boston’s Tourist Trap Restaurants That Are Actually Good: If you’re going to be obvious, do so in the best way possible.
- James Beard Winner Taps Southie for Italian Solo Venture: Karen Akunowicz plans to open Fox and the Knife this fall.
- Parish Cafe’s South End Outpost Will Close on August 21: But the popular restaurant has its eyes on expanding to the Financial District.
- The Cocktail Heatmap: Where to Drink Right Now, Summer 2018: Spend summer with a cocktail (or several) in hand — here are some hot new cocktail destinations to try this season.
- Last Call: These Restaurants Are Closing but Haven’t Yet Closed: Say goodbye while you can.
- Croon Along With Dueling Pianists at Seaport’s Newest Bar, Opening Tonight: D’s Keys Dueling Pianos is ready to serve up hot dogs, cocktails, music, and laughs.
- Blackbird Doughnuts Is Building a Brighton Outpost: The large space will include a storefront as well as a production kitchen.
- Longtime North African Gem in Cambridge Finally Gets Liquor License: Plus, the Wagamama at the Pru is temporarily closed, and more news.
- Brookline Sushi Restaurant Expands to Somerville Next: Genki Ya will set up shop in Davis Square.
- Find Pretzels, Brats, and Hot Dogs in Cambridge This Week (and More Summer Food Events): All the local food and drink events you’ll actually want to attend.
Want to discuss this week’s news or anything else in the Boston food world? Catch up with us on Facebook (or in our new Facebook group), Twitter, or Instagram.