As the week draws to a close, here’s a look back at the most-read stories this week, from July’s hottest new restaurants to the debuts of new barbecue and beer options:
- The Hottest Restaurants in Boston Right Now, July 2018: So hot right now.
- Townsman Shuts Down This Week After Three Years: Matt Jennings’s Downtown restaurant closes on July 3.
- Smoke Shop Brings Tons of Meat and Whiskey to Somerville: The third location of Andy Husbands’s barbecue restaurant is now open at Assembly Row.
- A Great Patio Is Reborn in Lower Mills: The Bowery Bar has opened in the space left vacant by Ester, giving Bostonians another patio to sit on this summer.
- Boston’s Newest Brewery Serves Pizza Bagels With a Side of Democracy: The worker-owned Democracy Brewing opened on July 4.
- Sample Unlimited Pizzas at City Hall Plaza (and More July Food Events): All the local food and drink events you’ll actually want to attend.
- Soon You Can Eat at This Flamingo-Clad Island Restaurant in Maine: And other regional food and beverage updates from New England, beyond the borders of Massachusetts.
- June 2018 in Review, From Burgers to Barbecue: The month in openings, closings, top news, and more.
- Fields Corner Will Get a New Restaurant With a Mission: 50Kitchen is a spinoff of chef Anthony Caldwell’s catering business.
- Beacon Street Locale Has Closed: It had been open a little over a year.
Want to discuss this week’s news or anything else in the Boston food world? Catch up with us on Facebook (or in our new Facebook group), Twitter, or Instagram.