As the week draws to a close, here’s a look back at the most-read stories this week, from the area’s best Italian food to the forthcoming arrival of a popular Japanese udon chain:
- Where to Eat Italian Food in Boston: It’s not all about the North End (but okay, sure, there’s a lot of good Italian food in the North End).
- Back Bay’s New Steakhouse Has More Than 12,500 Bottles of Wine: Here’s a look inside Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steakhouse, now open at the Pru.
- Kenmore Square Is Getting a Popular Japanese Noodle Chain: Tsurutontan will bring udon to the Hotel Commonwealth.
- Pizza Bagels Are Coming to Medford: Goldilox Bagels could open this fall.
- Chestnut Hill Loses a Taste of California-Meets-New-England: And more dining news from Boston’s suburbs and beyond.
- New Food Truck Lets America’s Test Kitchen Fans Eat What They Saw on TV: Plus, the North End mulls banning chains in general, and more news.
- Crawl Through Cambridge and Somerville for Hot Dogs (and More July Food Events): All the local food and drink events you’ll actually want to attend.
- Where to Eat Fried Fish Sandwiches on Massachusetts’ North and South Shores: It’s like fish and chips, only on a bun (which is to say, better).
- Popular Portland Brewery Builds Wild Beer Haven in Central Maine: And other regional food and beverage updates from New England, beyond the borders of Massachusetts.
- Back Bay’s Neapolitan Pizza Options Increase This Week: Orá Trattorizza is now open.
Want to discuss this week’s news or anything else in the Boston food world? Catch up with us on Facebook (or in our new Facebook group), Twitter, or Instagram.