It’s been an exciting week: more days with patio-friendly weather, some Boston recognition at this year’s Beard awards, and dollar oysters galore. Here’s a look back at the most-read stories of the week:
- 20 Outstanding Boston-Area Sushi Restaurants: From simple perfection to mountains of gold flakes and truffles.
- Boston’s Second Blue Bottle Coffee Opens This Weekend: In the heart of downtown.
- Take Your Dining to New Heights on These Boston-Area Rooftops: Don’t just get outside — get up high and take in all the views Boston has to offer.
- The Spring 2018 Restaurant Opening Guide: Boston Proper: Boston cream pie banana pudding, champagne from a vending machine, steak at a table designed for Instagrammers, and more.
- The Ultimate $1 Oyster Guide, Spring 2018: Boston, Cambridge, Somerville, and Brookline: Where to find dollar oyster deals in and around Boston.
- Myers + Chang’s Karen Akunowicz Finally Gets Her Beard Award: Other local honorees include Jody Adams and North End mainstay Galleria Umberto.
- Boston’s Steakhouse in a Castle Closes This Summer: Smith & Wollensky is leaving Back Bay, but its forthcoming Wellesley location is almost open.
- The Moody’s Empire Grows Larger With Tacos and Barbecue This Month: And more dining news from Boston’s suburbs and beyond.
- There’s a Cheesy New Brazilian Food Truck in Town: Plus, recent fires have temporarily shuttered several local restaurants, the fate of La Casa de Pedro in the Seaport is up in the air, and more news.
- Allston’s Bus Stop Pub Is Closing After All: Say goodbye this weekend.
Want to discuss this week’s news or anything else in the Boston food world? Catch up with us on Facebook (or in our new Facebook group), Twitter, or Instagram.