Little bits of warm weather peeked through the rain this week, and with warm weather comes patio coverage, such as this week’s collection of delightful hidden patios. Also this week: news of a Hudson ice cream shop eyeing Boston-area expansion, food crawls in Fort Point and Inman Square, a map of must-try local tacos, and more. Catch up on the week’s most-read stories now:
- 18 Delightful Hidden Patios Around Boston: Dine outside in charmingly secluded spots.
- 25 Boston-Area Tacos to Try: Hint: The CambridgeSide Galleria Taco Bell is not on the map.
- Popular Ice Cream Shop That’s Hard to Reach From Boston Wants to Expand Closer to Boston: Here comes New City Microcreamery with summer pop-up plans — and hopefully a permanent location nearby.
- French Restaurant Connected to a South End Favorite Will Open in Porter Square: Colette will debut this summer within the newish Porter Square Hotel.
- Go to the Seaport and Fort Point for a Seafood Extravaganza: Eat oysters and octopus and lobster rolls (and drink some booze too).
- The Ghost Walks Opens Theatrically With Popcorn Cocktails and a Showy Decor: There’s also a champagne vending machine.
- The Spring 2018 Restaurant Opening Guide: Cambridge and Somerville: Pierogi and macarons and empanadas, oh my.
- Whole Heart Provisions Pours Veggie Goodness Into Central Square Tomorrow: And it’ll expand to Harvard Square later this year, too.
- Go to Inman Square and Eat These Spicy Treats: From newcomer Moona to mainstay Punjabi Dhaba, this Cambridge ‘hood brings the heat.
- The Boston Area Is Getting Beer Gardens Galore: And other Boston-area beer and liquor news, updated weekly.
Want to discuss this week’s news or anything else in the Boston food world? Catch up with us on Facebook (or in our new Facebook group), Twitter, or Instagram.