This week was full of pizza news, “glory bowls,” and beer gardens. Here’s a look back at the week’s most-read stories, from a major restructuring for Bertucci’s to maps of iconic Boston dishes and hot new cocktail destinations.
- Bertucci’s Files for Bankruptcy and Will Close Some Locations: The Somerville-born pizza company closed 15 restaurants (six in Massachusetts), keeping 59 in business.
- 26 Iconic Dishes Around Boston: Get to know the city and surrounding area with these essential eats.
- The Cocktail Heatmap: Where to Drink Right Now, Spring 2018: Spend spring with a cocktail (or several) in hand — here are some hot new cocktail destinations to try this season.
- Somerville Pizza Shop Goes Totally Vegetarian: Eat at Jumbo’s will convert to Sassafras Somerville, under new management.
- A Korean-Japanese Restaurant Opening Soon in Allston Will Serve ‘Glory Bowls’ and More: Kimchipapi Kitchen will open in May in the former Chicken & Rice Guys space on Harvard Avenue.
- The Boston Area Is Getting Beer Gardens Galore: And other Boston-area beer and liquor news, updated weekly.
- Shuttered Allston Ramen Spot Is Reborn in Medford: Pikaichi lodges its comeback tomorrow, April 18.
- Greater Boston’s Bowling Options Grow With Lucky Strike Social in Somerville: The newest boozy bowling alley is now open at Assembly Row.
- Portsmouth Burger Joint Lexie’s Is Turning Into a Seacoast Empire: And other regional food and beverage updates from New England, beyond the borders of Massachusetts.
- Revolution-Themed Restaurant Debuts at Revere Hotel on Anniversary of Revere’s Midnight Ride: Rebel’s Guild opens today in the former Emerald Lounge space.
Want to discuss this week’s news or anything else in the Boston food world? Catch up with us on Facebook (or in our new Facebook group), Twitter, or Instagram.