There are dire weather predictions for the entire Northeast today, March 2, with weather channels throwing around phrases like “bomb cyclone,” “historic storm,” and more. Some people are losing power, winds are high, and coastal areas are at risk of flooding.
The full extent to which Boston gets walloped by this storm is yet to be determined, but we’ll be tracking local restaurant-related updates here throughout the day, including precautionary closures, news of damage (hopefully none), and more. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any updates.
Confirmed Closures for March 2
- Aceituna Grill (57 Boston Wharf Rd., Seaport District, Boston): “Due to the weather advisory we are closing our SEAPORT location at 4 pm. Stay safe and dry, everyone!”
- BareWolf Brewing (12 Oakland St., Amesbury): “Due to the Nor’easter and snow/flood warnings, the taproom will not be opening tonight. Stay safe everyone, and enjoy a beer in the comfort of your home! We’ll see you back for regular hours tomorrow.”
- By Chloe (100 Van Ness St., Fenway, Boston; 107 Seaport Blvd., Seaport District, Boston): “HEY, BOSTON! Our Fenway and Seaport locations are CLOSED due to the weather warning. Please stay tuned for a re-opening announcement. STAY SAFE + WARM OUT THERE!”
- C.K. Pearl (112 Main St., Essex): Reminiscing about beautiful summer days but staying closed today.
- Drink (348 Congress St., Fort Point, Boston): “Since there are no Uber boats yet, Drink will be closed tonight due to inclement weather. Stay safe out there, see you all soon!”
- El Pelon Taqueria (2197 Commonwealth Ave., Brighton, Boston): The Brighton location is closed due to a power outage; Fenway remains open.
- Fishermen’s View (20 Freezer Rd., Sandwich): “F/V Update: Due to increasing winds, we will be closing for dinner tonight (Friday, March 2). Our kitchen will close at 3PM, and our doors will close at 4PM so that staff can make it home safe! We will be open for normal business hours tomorrow. Thank you for your understanding, and stay safe!”
- Food trucks, including Roadies Diner, Daddy’s Bonetown Burgers, and RiceBurg.
- La Casa de Pedro (505A Congress St., Seaport District, Boston): “Due to inclement weather, our Seaport location will be closed today, Friday March 2nd. Please stay safe! Craving La Casa? Our Watertown location is open with a margarita waiting for you!”
- Mr. Crepe (83 Washington St., Salem): “Due to inclement weather, we will be closing our Salem location at 3:30 pm today Friday, March 2. We will be open tomorrow normal hours. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.”
- Shed’s BBQ (32 Bromfield St., Downtown Crossing, Boston): “Shed’s will close at 3 PM today, to to heavy winds and concerns with power. We will reopen on Monday at 11 AM! Have a great weekend!”
- Sullivan’s (2080 William J. Day Blvd., South Boston): “Due to the #noreaster, we will be closed TODAY (March 2nd, 2018). We will resume normal business hours tomorrow (March 3rd, 2018) at 8:30AM. Everyone be safe!”
- Twyrl Pasta Bistro (315 Broadway, Arlington): “Twyrl is CLOSED for the rest of today, March 2nd, due to the weather. We will re-open Saturday, March 3rd at noon!”
- Venezia (20 Ericsson St., Dorchester, Boston): “Sorry guys but we’ll see you all tomorrow!” Closed for lunch and dinner today.
- Woodman’s of Essex (121 Main St., Essex): “FYI - Woodman’s will be closed Thursday, Friday and Saturday as a precautionary measure. Why? Our friends at WBZ Weather are forecasting another ‘Bombogenesis’ blowing in on Friday! This time Woodman’s will be prepared and ready to take on Mother Nature’s wrath. Check back for updates!” (See photos below.)
Storm Photos and Videos From Area Restaurants
Nebo (520 Atlantic Ave., Downtown Boston) shared a photo of storm prep on the Boston waterfront:
Notch Brewing (283R Derby St., Salem) is open and shared some photos of the day’s first high tide:
Sea Level (Newburyport) is open and “still above sea level.”
Tony’s Clam Shop (861 Quincy Shore Dr., Quincy), which isn’t yet open for the season, is “definitely not opening today” and shared this video:
Definitely not opening today.Posted by Tony's Clam Shop on Friday, March 2, 2018
Woodman’s of Essex (121 Main St., Essex), which is closed through Saturday, has been posting some updates on Facebook, including: