A recent addition to Boston’s West End dining scene plans to add brunch to the menu this weekend, starting Sunday, March 4. Ward 8 and North Square oyster sibling Bodega Canal (57 Canal St.) — now under the purview of the restaurant group’s new culinary director, Pierce Boalt Juckett (Waypoint, Select Oyster Bar) — has a morning-friendly menu of tacos, egg sandwiches, and snacks to fill up daytime diners near TD Garden.
Much like Bodega Canal’s usual menu, brunch will employ some flavors and flare from Mexico, with tacos al pastor and other versions packed with octopus, Atlantic cod, cauliflower, and a sunny side egg with salsa verde and hash browns. Snacks range from scallop ceviche and the ever-popular avocado toast to taco salad and chips and guacamole.
A section of the brunch menu labeled “eggs and sandwiches and whatnot” includes chilaquiles, churro French toast, and a decadent-sounding waffle dulce de leche with corn, jalapeño, and blueberry. While brunch pricing has not yet been finalized, tacos on the main menu at Bodega Canal typically run from $5 to $7, while appetizers range from $3 for chips and salsa to $15 for scallop ceviche.
Brunch kicks off this Sunday, March 4, but hereafter will run both days of the weekend from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Along with the food options, Bodega Canal will have a brunch beverage menu featuring sangria, margaritas, and jumbo cocktails to share.
Here’s a peek at the brunch menu:
- Chips and salsa — roasted tomato and chiles
- Chips and guac — grapefruit and cilantro
- Scallop ceviche — bell pepper, onion, cilantro
- Tuna tostada — grapefruit, avocado, poppy seed
- Taco salad — poached egg, adobo ground turkey, crispy tortilla strips, chipotle ranch
- Greek yogurt — seasonal fruit, granola, agave nectar
- Avocado toast — tortilla, citrus, ancho
- Octopus — salsa verde, aji amarillio, cilantro
- Atlantic cod — cucumber salsa, avocado crema, fresno chile
- Skirt steak — garlic-chile oil, salted onion, queso fresco
- Al pastor — pork shoulder, salsa roja, salsa verde, pineapple
- Cauliflower — refried beans, sour cream, pickled radish, shaved jalapeno
- Bacon — chipotle aioli, pico, iceberg
- Sunny side — chile salsa verde, hash browns
EGGS & SANDWICHES & WHATNOT
- Chilaquiles — egg, tortilla, salsa roja
- Over easy eggs — corn tortillas, black beans, salsa Mexicana, avocado
- Southwestern omelet — soffrito, pepper jack, green onion
- Breakfast burrito — scrambled eggs, cheddar, refried beans, peppers and onions
- Strip steak fajitas — sautéed peppers and onions, flour tortillas, fixins’
- Churro French toast — chipotle maple syrup
- Waffles dulce de leche — corn, jalapeno, blueberry
- Breakfast torta — fried egg, potato hash, refried beans, guacamole, salsa Mexicana,
- Torta burger — refried beans, guac, salsa Mexicana, pickled jalapenos
• Bodega Canal Coverage on Eater [EBOS]