Aside from an unusually warm couple of days that resulted in a flurry of early patio openings, it was a pretty quiet week in the Boston restaurant scene. Catch up on the news with the most-read stories of the week, from updated restaurant opening guides to a forthcoming Tiki-themed Bar Mezzana sibling:
- The Winter 2017-2018 Restaurant Opening Guide: Boston Proper: Tacos, Thai ice cream rolls, Tiki drinks.
- A Guide to Boston’s (Briefly Open) Winter Patios: Bookmark this for the next heatwave.
- More Tiki Is on the Way to Boston, Courtesy of the Bar Mezzana Team: The South End restaurant will get a new Tiki-themed sibling across the street.
- A Cambridge Coffee House Shutters Its Downtown Shop: BeanTowne Coffee House had been open for a year in Boston proper.
- Jamaica Plain Food Crawl: Centre Street Is a Caribbean Feast: Get ready to drink lots of fresh juices and eat lots of pig ears.
- The Winter 2017-2018 Restaurant Opening Guide: Cambridge and Somerville: Just across the river from Boston, there will be poke, burgers, and coffee.
- Would You Eat Food at This Classic Southie Dive Bar?: Plus, a rotisserie chicken showdown, a Catalan-inspired dinner menu at a cozy cafe, and more news.
- Catch Ivan Ramen Popping Up at Uni (and More Winter Food Events): All the local food and drink events you’ll actually want to attend.
- Suburban Updates: Busy Waltham Dining Destination Adds Lots of Extra Space (and Seafood): And more dining news from outside Boston.
- The Strega Empire Grows With Another Coffee Shop, Located Downtown: Restaurateur Nick Varano has a new location of Caffe Strega brewing.
Want to discuss this week’s news or anything else in the Boston food world? Catch up with us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.