With a tiny bit of warmth creeping in today and tomorrow, February 20 and 21, some local restaurants are rushing to brush the remaining snow piles off their patios and open up some outdoor dining space, albeit briefly.
Here’s a running list of restaurants’ warm-weather plans this week; email email@example.com with any updates. Looks like Back Bay and South Boston are leading the charge so far. Any other neighborhoods want to get in on this?
Patios, Roofdecks, and Sidewalk Dining
- Anthem Kitchen and Bar (101 S. Market St., Downtown Boston): The patio is open on February 21.
- Barking Crab (88 Sleeper St., Seaport District, Boston): “Because when it’s above 60° in February we OPEN OUR TENT! Join us today AND tomorrow for a little taste of spring.”
- Brelundi (185 Crescent St., Waltham): “70 degrees in February! WHAT?! WHY WAIT FOR SPRING? Our patio will be open all day tomorrow [2/21]! BREAKFAST.LUNCH.DINNER”
- Broth (106 Green St., Worcester): “This Wednesday Summer Comes Early. Our Beer Garden Will Be Open For Lunch 12-4pm Come Have Some Ramen And Enjoy The Weather Outside.”
- Cafeteria (279a Newbury St., Back Bay, Boston): The patio is open.
- City Tap House (10 Boston Wharf Rd., Fort Point, Boston): “Patio weather in February? YUP! Grab a seat by the fire pits today and tomorrow for a sneak-preview of spring.”
- Coppersmith (40 W. Third St., South Boston): “65 degrees in February? We’ll take it! We’ll be opening our roof deck this Wednesday [2/21] from 4pm-10pm. Seating is first come first serve. A day this beautiful shouldn’t go without drinks and friends!” (Keep an eye out for games and free nachos.)
- Daddy Jones (525 Medford St., Magoun Square, Somerville): “Well, Challenge Accepted Mother Nature! Patio Open Wednesday [2/21] @5PM”
- Dave’s Fresh Pasta (81 Holland St., Davis Square, Somerville): “Tables are out [2/20]! Come sit outside and have lunch.”
- Dorchester Brewing Company (1250 Massachusetts Ave., Dorchester, Boston): “Thanks to our lovely New England weather, we’re embracing the sun while it lasts. Our patio is open today [2/20] so you can feel the warmth on your skin!”
- Granary Tavern (170 Milk St., Downtown Boston): “Loving the weather as much as we are? Come join us on the patio for lunch!” The patio will be open both days.
- Itadaki (269 Newbury St., Back Bay, Boston): “Come enjoy the weather today [2/20] with us on our sun filled #patio! Almost spring?!”
- Joe’s American Bar & Grill (100 Atlantic Ave., Waterfront, Boston; 181 Newbury St., Back Bay, Boston): The patios at both Joe’s locations in Boston are open on February 21.
- Kings (52 Second Ave., Burlington; 600 Legacy Pl., Dedham; 510 Market St., Lynnfield): These three Kings locations have open patios on February 21. Plus, all Kings locations are having a “pool party” on February 21: Mention “heatwave” at the desk for free bowling for kids and free pool for all ages.
- KO Pies at the Shipyard (87 A St., East Boston): “Yep, that’s a fully-open patio down in the ‘yard on February 21! You’d be a total wanker not to get your arse down here to take full advantage and celebrate with a pie and pint!!”
- Lobstah on a Roll (537 Columbus Ave., South End, Boston): “The sun is out and so are the tables!”
- Loyal Nine (660 Cambridge St., East Cambridge): The cafe’s big garage door is open and people are sitting on benches along the edge of the patio; it’s open Tuesday and Wednesday. There’s also cornhole set up. If it’s warm enough after 5 p.m., a couple tables will be set up outside for dinner service as well.
- MET Back Bay (279 Dartmouth St., Back Bay, Boston): The patio is open both days, starting at 11 a.m.
- Mija Cantina & Tequila Bar (1 S. Market St., Downtown Boston): “The patio is open and the margaritas are flowing!! Come join us for #TacoTuesday [2/20] — $5 tacos every Tuesday!”
- Naco Taco (297 Massachusetts Ave., Central Square, Cambridge): “Winter Cornhole is ready to go on the patio — it’s free, and you can drink outside! Hooray!” (Cornhole will be up and running February 20-21 and any other similarly warm day until the official kickoff of patio season.)
- Park (59 JFK St., Harvard Square, Cambridge): “Our patio is open! Come to park and enjoy some delicious food and amazing weather!”
- Publico (11 Dorchester St., South Boston): “This weather is TOO nice not to enjoy!! Stop by tonight [2/20] as we will have the Garden available for you to sit back, relax, and soak it all in!”
- Sea Level Oyster Bar & Kitchen (94 Wharf St., Salem): “Due to extremely warm temps today and tomorrow!!!!! Our outside deck is OPEN. Stop down to Sea Level Salem for some Al fresco Dining on the waterfront.”
- Smith & Wollensky (294 Congress St., Atlantic Wharf, Downtown Boston): The patio will be open February 21.
- Tapestry (69 Kilmarnock St., Fenway, Boston): The 30-seat covered patio, which has heat lamps, is open from 5:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. on February 21, serving the Expo Kitchen menu.
- Tuscan Kitchen (2400 District Ave., Burlington): The patio at Tuscan Kitchen’s Burlington location is open on February 21.
- Untold Brewing (6 Old Country Way, Scituate): “Clear your calendars tomorrow — WE’RE OPENING THE TAPROOM!! Wednesday [2/21] forecast calls for perfect beer drinking weather so we’ve got special hours 3-8pm. Grab your sunnies and park yourself on our patio!”
- YOTEL Boston (65 Seaport Blvd., Seaport District, Boston): The Sky Lounge and rooftop terrace are open from 5 p.m. to midnight February 21.
Big Open Windows
- A&B Burgers (206 Cabot St., Beverly): The giant windows are open.
- American Fresh Brewhouse (490 Foley St., Assembly Row, Somerville): There’s a 24-foot airplane hanger door that is open whenever it’s warm.
- The Broadway (732 E. Broadway, South Boston): The garage doors are open.
- Fat Baby (118 Dorchester St., South Boston): “Windows open for the very first time.”
- The Punk & Poet (658 E. Broadway, South Boston): The garage doors are open.
- Sonsie (327 Newbury St., Back Bay, Boston): “Our A-Frame may say, ‘Baby it’s cold outside!’ but our open doors tell another story! We’re soaking up all the sun we can!!”
- Sulmona (608 Main St., Kendall Square, Cambridge): “Windows up in the middle of February!”