As the week draws to a close, here’s a look back at the most-read stories this week, from the debut of a glitzy new downtown bar to a round-up of the city’s most iconic dishes.
- The Hottest Restaurants in Boston Right Now, October 2018: So hot right now.
- Beacon Hill Pub Closes, but Not for Good: The longstanding dive bar shuttered over the weekend, but it’s temporary.
- Revamped Malden Restaurant Is Serving Ginormous Soup Dumplings: And more dining news from Boston’s suburbs and beyond.
- 26 Iconic Dishes Around Boston: Get to know the city and surrounding area with these essential eats.
- One of Boston’s Best Bartenders Headlines New Downtown Bar: Naomi Levy is at the helm of Better Sorts Social Club, serving gorgeous cocktails made from ingredients like pasta water.
- The Newest Saloniki Location Is Looking Pretty Spiffy: The casual Greek restaurant’s third location — the group’s flagship restaurant — is now open.
- Longtime Southern Restaurant in Inman Square Will Close This Weekend: Tupelo cited difficulty finding staff in a Facebook post.
- All the Boston Food News That Mattered in September 2018: From Chowder to Chicken: The month in openings, closings, top news, and more.
- Los Amigos Taqueria Will Expand to Somerville: Taking over the Blue Shirt Cafe space in Davis Square.
- New Dorchester Cafe Serves Ramen, Steamed Buns, and Matcha Lattes: Neponset Cafe offers casual counter service.
Want to discuss this week’s news or anything else in the Boston food world? Catch up with us on Facebook (or in our Facebook group), Twitter, or Instagram.