- Tavern in the Square Disappears From Cambridge: The locations in Porter and Central squares are now closed.
- Alton Brown Appreciates Boston’s Hand-Pulled Noodles and Sardine-Filled Wine Bars: Tell him where to eat when he returns to the city in October.
- The Halal Guys Finally Brings Its Coveted Gyros to Boston in September: Get ready for piles of chicken, hummus, and baba ghanoush.
- The Cocktail Heatmap: Where to Drink Right Now, August 2017: Spend summer with a cocktail (or several) in hand. Here are some hot new cocktail destinations to try this season.
- Mooncusser Fish House’s Casual Bar Debuts This Week: The team behind Concord’s 80 Thoreau expands their new Back Bay restaurant on August 16.
- Where to Eat Macaron Ice Cream Sandwiches (and More Updates): Teamsters acquitted in Top Chef trial, fire updates, and other news bites.
- A Local Chocolatier Is Serving Chocolate Mousse in Chocolate Cones (and More Updates): Somerville’s Sabroso is coming soon, Cambridge lost a wine store, and other news bites.
- The Hottest Brunches in Boston Right Now, August 2017: Tired of your usual brunching routine?
- Beer & Mortar: Learning New Lessons at Untold Brewing in Scituate: A historic schoolhouse will soon play residence to the South Shore’s newest brewery.
- Purr Cat Cafe Crowdfunds Final Push to Opening: The cat cafe slinks ever closer to opening.
Top Stories of the Week: Tavern in the Square Left Cambridge; Alton Brown’s Coming Back; More
Miss any important news? Catch up with this weekly archive of Eater Boston's most-read stories