- The Hottest Restaurants in Boston Right Now, May 2017: The May Heatmap update includes newcomers Bess's Cafe in Brookline, Les Sablons in Harvard Square, Reelhouse in East Boston, Shaking Crab in Quincy, and Terra at Eataly in Back Bay.
- East Ocean City and Chau Chow City Shutter in Chinatown: Each had been around for decades.
- Eventide Pop-up at Uni, Bagels Beyond Boston, and More Updates: Plus, try all the cocktails at the new East Coast Grill.
- James Beard Awards 2017: Boston Goes Home Empty-Handed: Aside from a ‘Who’s Who’ induction for Legal Sea Foods’ Roger Berkowitz.
- Israel’s Landwer Cafe Lands in Fenway Later This Year: Shakshuka, pizza, pasta, and so much more.
- April 2017 in Review, From Sticky Buns and Scallion Pancake Wraps to Sushirittos and Shaken Seafood Bags: The month in openings, closings, top news, and more.
- Meatballs Are Coming, Crispellis Are Going, and More Updates: Plus, try the pasta and pizza at Gran Gusto in Cambridge.
- New Hampshire Macaroni & Cheese Restaurant Busts Into Massachusetts Soon: Further expansion could be in the works.
- Another Restaurant-in-Residence Heads for a New South End Development: Southern Proper could open within The Girard, with chef Jason Cheek at the helm.
- Dairy Joy Makes Seasonal Debut, So Now Spring Has Really Begun: It’s the 57th year in business for the ice cream shop.
Top Stories of the Week: Hot New Restaurants; Chinatown Changes; More
Miss any important news? Catch up with this weekly archive of Eater Boston's most-read stories