A fire ripped through a shopping complex in Framingham Saturday morning, destroying 11 businesses, including the popular J&M Diner, according to Boston Restaurant Talk. The fire started early in the morning and spread quickly because of wind, WHDH reported, and little remained of the complex after firefighters extinguished the fire. There were no injuries.
J&M Diner first opened in 1998, operating within the Old Path Village Plaza for nearly 20 years. “We are in shock and heartbroken,” a post on the diner’s Facebook page read. Owners Dave and Karen Fiore had made the diner a staple of the neighborhood and have received an outpouring of support over the past two days. They reportedly plan to seek a new location for the restaurant.
Fans of the diner set up a GoFundMe page for the business, and the fundraiser has already drawn in more than $12,000 pledged to help the family-run business.