This guide will be updated periodically throughout the winter — and frequently on storm days — so keep checking back for additions, and email us at email@example.com with anything that should be included here. (If it’s a stormy day and the #OpenInBOS section below is activated, you can skip the inbox and fill out this form instead to be added to the round-up faster. Plus, we recommend using the hashtag #OpenInBOS on social media if you are open during a storm.)
Tip: Use the links below to jump directly to a section.
Originally published on February 8, 2017. Date of most recent update appears above.
Depending on weather conditions, these deals are available at various points throughout the winter. Listed alphabetically; not ranked. Your ongoing winter deal is not listed here? Tell us about it. (Inclusion in this section does not necessarily mean that a restaurant is open on a stormy day; check the sections below to find out.)
- The Blue Ox (191 Oxford St., Lynn): At dinner during major storms, get a half portion of rigatoni bolognese free with purchase of a glass of 2014 Montepulciano from Cantine Mucci, Santo Stefano, Abruzzo, Italy ($15).
- Coppersmith (40 W. 3rd St., South Boston, Boston): 20% off the Coppersmith Cafe lunch menu (served until 3 p.m.) if there are more than three inches of snow on the ground.
- Davio’s Northern Italian Steakhouse (75 Arlington St., Back Bay, Boston): Get a complimentary order of spring rolls (several varieties available) at the bar when the temperature is 32 degrees Fahrenheit or below. Use your phone to show the weather to the bartender in order to redeem this deal. Available weekdays 11:30 a.m. to 11 p.m., Saturdays 5 p.m. to midnight, and Sundays 5 p.m. to 11 p.m., only in the bar area. One order per person per day. The deal ends on March 9, 2017. Call (617) 357-4810 for more info.
- Puritan & Co. (1166 Cambridge St., Inman Square, Cambridge): Serving a three-course snow menu whenever it snows more than three inches in Boston — appetizer, entree, and dessert for $35. Available in both the dining room and at the bar. Open 5:30 p.m. to 11 p.m. nightly.
- SRV (569 Columbus Ave., South End, Boston): Until the first day of spring, serving bottomless meatballs in red sauce for $4 on any day the T is closed during a declared snow emergency.
- State Park (1 Kendall Sq., Kendall Square, Cambridge): Serving a special snow day menu whenever there are at least four inches of snow on the ground. Expect warm drinks, “rare and awesome beers,” strong cocktails, and chalet shooters.
- Yume Wo Katare (1923 Massachusetts Ave., Porter Square, Cambridge): The tiny ramen shop normally serves a very small menu: ramen, ramen with more pork, ramen with less pork (for kids), extra noodles, and extra pork to take home. But when the temperature dips below 32 degrees Fahrenheit, a spicy ramen special comes out to play. Keep an eye on the restaurant’s Facebook page for confirmation that it’s being served.
On very stormy days, this section will be frequently updated with restaurants that have confirmed they are open at all, either with normal hours or alterations, along with any pertinent details about hours, specials, etc. The fastest way to get your details added to this round-up is to fill out this form. (Currently tracking updates for Tuesday, March 14, 2017.)
Note: The table below continues onto several tabs; use the next and previous buttons at the bottom to navigate. You can also sort alphabetically by each column — try sorting the City (Neighborhood) column, for example, to zero in on a particular location. Or use the search bar to find what you need. (Try searching for $1 oysters, for example — several restaurants are serving them today.)
What's #OpenInBOS on Tuesday, March 14, 2017?
|Restaurant||City (Neighborhood)||Street Address||Hours on 3/14/17||Notes|
|Restaurant||City (Neighborhood)||Street Address||Hours on 3/14/17||Notes|
|21st Amendment||Boston (Beacon Hill)||150 Bowdoin St.||11:30 a.m. to 2 a.m.||"We will be OPEN day & night snow or shine!"|
|A4cade||Cambridge (Central Square)||292 Massachusetts Ave.||5 p.m. to 1 a.m.|
|Alden & Harlow||Cambridge (Harvard Square)||40 Brattle St.||5 p.m. to 1 a.m. (Food stops at midnight.)||Never closes for snowstorms.|
|Anna's Taqueria||Brookline (JFK Corner)||446 Harvard St.||9 a.m. to 5 p.m.||All locations closed except for Harvard Street and Porter Square. Brookline closing time TBD; check social media.|
|Anna's Taqueria||Cambridge (Porter Square)||822 Somerville Ave.||8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.||All locations closed except for Harvard Street and Porter Square.|
|Aquitaine||Boston (South End)||569 Tremont St.||11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.; 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.|
|Area Four||Cambridge (Kendall Square)||500 Technology Sq.||Food until 10 p.m.; bar until 12 a.m.||Closed for lunch; open for dinner.|
|Area Four||Boston (South End)||264 E. Berkeley St.||5 p.m. to 2 a.m. (food until 11 p.m.)|
|ArtBar at the Royal Sonesta||Cambridge (East Cambridge)||40 Edwin H. Land Blvd.||6:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.; 5 p.m. to 11 p.m.||Mention "blizzard bowl" to get a free bowl of spring pea soup or New England clam chowder with purchase of an entree.|
|Article 24||Boston (Brighton)||458 Western Ave.||11 a.m. to 2 a.m.||Never closes for snowstorms.|
|Back Deck||Boston (Downtown Crossing)||2 West St.||4:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.||Closed for lunch; open for dinner.|
|Bagelsaurus||Cambridge (Porter Square)||1796 Massachusetts Ave.||7 a.m. to 12 p.m.|
|Bambara Kitchen & Bar||Cambridge (East Cambridge)||25 Edwin H. Land Blvd.||11 a.m to 2 p.m.; 5:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.|
|Bambolina||Salem||288 Derby St.||12 p.m. to sell out||Full pizza menu while supplies last.|
|Bar Boulud||Boston (Back Bay)||667 Boylston St.||5:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.||Special: Short rib ragu with housemade cavatelli for $16 (normally $28) on the lunch and dinner menu.|
|Barcelona Wine Bar||Boston (South End)||525 Tremont St.||Opening at 4 p.m.||Specials: complimentary hot chocolate bar and a spicy tequila cocktail.|
|Barcelona Wine Bar||Brookline (Washington Square)||1700 Beacon St.||Opening at 4 p.m.||Specials: hot apple cider (optionally spiked with whiskey) and cookies.|
|Beantown Pub||Boston (Downtown Crossing)||100 Tremont St.||8:30 a.m. to 2 a.m.||Never closes for snowstorms.|
|Beat Brasserie||Cambridge (Harvard Square)||13 Brattle St.||4 p.m. to 12 a.m.|
|Bergamot||Somerville||118 Beacon St.||5:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.||$1 oysters.|
|Bisq||Cambridge (Inman Square)||1071 Cambridge St.||5:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.||$1 oysters, plus the usually Sunday-only fried chicken menu: three pieces of fried chicken ($12), fries ($3), dipping sauces ($2). Also available from the regular menu: baby back ribs, N'Awlins barbecue shrimp toast, Brussels sprouts, coffee-roasted sunchokes, and wild mushrooms.|
|Bistro du Midi||Boston (Back Bay)||272 Boylston St.||11:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.|
|Black Rose||Boston (Downtown)||160 State St.||11 a.m. to 2 a.m.|
|Blackbird Doughnuts||Boston (South End)||492 Tremont St.||7 a.m. to 12 p.m.|
|Blackmoor Bar + Kitchen||Boston (Charlestown)||1 Chelsea St.||11:30 a.m. to 1 a.m.|
|Blunch||Boston (South End)||59 E. Springfield St.||8 a.m. to 2 p.m.||Closing earlier than usual.|
|Boston Cheese Cellar||Boston (Roslindale)||18 Birch St.||11 a.m. to 7 p.m.|
|Boston Common Coffee Company||Boston (Downtown Crossing)||10 High St.||6 a.m. to TBD||Closing early.|
|Boston Common Coffee Company||Boston (Downtown Crossing)||515 Washington St.||6 a.m. to TBD||Closing early.|
|Boston Common Coffee Company||Boston (North End)||103 Canal St.||6 a.m. to TBD||Closing early.|
|Boston Wine Exchange||Boston (Downtown)||181 Devonshire St.||9 a.m. to 9 p.m.||"Snow Schmo...we live in New England!"|
|Brasserie Jo at the Colonnade Hotel||Boston (Back Bay)||120 Huntington Ave.||6:30 a.m. to 12 a.m.|
|Brassica Kitchen & Cafe||Boston (Jamaica Plain)||3710 Washington St.||6 a.m. to 4 p.m.; 5:30 p.m. to 12 a.m.||BBQ & blues night.|
|Brelundi||Waltham||185 Crescent St.||7 a.m. to 9 p.m.||Felton St. location closed.|
|Brewer's Fork||Boston (Charlestown)||7 Moulton St.||11:30 a.m. to 11 p.m.||Regular menu.|
|Brookline Grown||Brookline (Coolidge Corner)||14 Pleasant St.||8 a.m. to 12 p.m.|
|Bukowski Tavern||Cambridge (Inman Square)||1281 Cambridge St.||4 p.m. to 1 a.m.||Get a free frank & beans (hot dog with Boston baked beans) with purchase of a cocktail or beer. One per customer.|
|Bukowski Tavern||Boston (Back Bay)||50 Dalton St.||11:30 a.m. to 2 a.m.|
|Burro Bar||Brookline (Washington Square)||1665 Beacon St.||5 p.m. to 1 a.m.||Spiked Mexican hot chocolate ($12).|
|By Chloe||Boston (Seaport District)||107 Seaport Blvd.||11 a.m. to 10 p.m.|
|Cambridge Common||Cambridge (Harvard Square)||1667 Massachusetts Ave. Cambridge, MA||11:30 a.m. to 1 a.m.|
|Capo||Boston (South Boston)||443 W. Broadway||5 p.m. to 1 a.m.|
|Casa Verde||Boston (Jamaica Plain)||711 Centre St.||12 p.m. to 12 a.m.||House nachos are half-priced for the day ($5), and fun movies will be playing.|
|Centre Street Cafe||Boston (Jamaica Plain)||669a Centre St.||12 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.; 5 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.||Supplemental four-course wine dinner menu ($44, pairings included) — Northern Italy theme.|
|Chelsea Station||Chelsea||105 Everett Ave.||TBD||Beer specials. Availability of food TBD.|
|Chopps American Bar & Grill||Burlington||1 Burlington Mall Rd.||6:30 a.m. to 11 p.m.||15% off food if you mention the snow day promo.|
|Christopher's Cambridge||Cambridge (Porter Square)||1912 Massachusetts Ave. Cambridge, MA||11:30 a.m. to 1 a.m.|
|City Bar||Boston (Seaport District)||425 Summer St.||4:30 p.m. to 2 a.m.|
|City Table at the Lenox Hotel||Boston (Back Bay)||65 Exeter St.||6:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.; 5 p.m. to 11 p.m.|
|City Tap House||Boston (Fort Point)||10 Boston Wharf Rd.||11:30 a.m. to 1 a.m.|
|Clerys||Boston (Back Bay)||113 Dartmouth St.||11 a.m. to 2 a.m.|
|Clink at the Liberty Hotel||Boston (Beacon Hill)||215 Charles St.||11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. to 11 p.m.|
|Coda||Boston (South End)||329 Columbus Ave.||Opening at 4 p.m.||Closed for lunch, but open for dinner.|
|Common Ground||Arlington||319 Broadway||11 a.m. to 12 a.m.||Never closes for snowstorms.|
|Common Ground||Boston (Allston)||85 Harvard Ave.||11 a.m. to 2 a.m.||Never closes for snowstorms.|
|Coppa||Boston (South End)||253 Shawmut Ave.||12 p.m. to 10 p.m.||Running a meatball grinder and 'Gansett special ($16).|
|Copper House Tavern||Waltham||380 Winter St.||12 p.m. to 9 p.m.|
|Craigie on Main||Cambridge (Central Square)||853 Main St.||5:30 p.m. to 12 a.m.||Chef's Whim tasting menu will be happening.|
|Cuppacoffee||Boston (West End)||1 Merrimac St.||6 a.m. to 6 p.m.|
|Cuppacoffee||Boston (South End)||57 Traveler St.||6:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.|
|Curio Coffee||Cambridge (East Cambridge)||441 Cambridge St.||7 a.m. to 12 p.m.||Closing a couple hours early.|
|Darwin's Ltd.||Cambridge (Harvard Sq.)||148 Mt. Auburn St.||6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.||May close early.|
|Darwin's Ltd.||Cambridge (Harvard Sq.)||1629 Cambridge St.||6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.||May close early.|
|Darwin's Ltd.||Cambridge (Central Sq.)||313 Massachusetts Ave.||7 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.||May close early.|
|Deep Ellum||Boston (Allston)||477 Cambridge St.||11 a.m. to 2 a.m.||Never closes for snowstorms.|
|Devlin's||Boston (Brighton)||332 Washington St.||11 a.m. to 1 a.m.||Never closes for snowstorms. Taco Tuesday and $1 oysters.|
|Diesel Cafe||Somerville (Davis Square)||257 Elm St.||6 a.m. to 10 p.m.||Open for now; stay tuned for updates.|
|Douzo||Boston (Back Bay)||131 Dartmouth St.||4 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.||Closed for lunch; opening for dinner.|
|Ducali||Boston (North End)||289 Causeway St.||11:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.|
|Eastern Standard||Boston (Kenmore Square)||528 Commonwealth Ave.||7 a.m. to 2 a.m.|
|El Jefe's Taqueria||Cambridge (Harvard Square)||83 Mt. Auburn St.||8 a.m. to 4 p.m.|
|El Pelon Taqueria||Boston (Brighton)||2197 Commonwealth Ave.||11 a.m. to 11 p.m.|
|El Pelon Taqueria||Boston (Fenway)||92 Peterborough St.||11 a.m. to 11 p.m.|
|Ester||Boston (Dorchester)||2261 Dorchester Ave.||11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.||Special: Stew + Brew — beef stew and a beer ($14). May be open for dinner too.|
|Fairsted Kitchen||Brookline (Washington Square)||1704 Beacon St.||5 p.m. to 12 a.m.||Try a hot toddy.|
|Fajitas & 'Ritas||Boston (Downtown)||25 West St.||11:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.|
|Fat Hen||Somerville (East Somerville)||126 Broadway||5 p.m. to 10 p.m.|
|Flat Top Johnny's||Cambridge (Kendall Square)||1 Kendall Sq.||12 p.m. to 1 a.m.|
|Flour Bakery||Boston (South End)||1595 Washington St.||6:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.||In honor of Pi Day, Flour is serving up $3.14 slices of pie (chocolate cream, coconut cream, lemon meringue). Plus, St. Patrick's Day specials are available all week, including Irish soda bread and a chocolate stout cupcake filled with Bailey's marscapone.|
|Flour Bakery||Boston (Fort Point)||12 Farnsworth St.||6:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.||In honor of Pi Day, Flour is serving up $3.14 slices of pie (chocolate cream, coconut cream, lemon meringue). Plus, St. Patrick's Day specials are available all week, including Irish soda bread and a chocolate stout cupcake filled with Bailey's marscapone.|
|Flour Bakery||Cambridge (Central Square)||190 Massachusetts Ave.||6:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.||In honor of Pi Day, Flour is serving up $3.14 slices of pie (chocolate cream, coconut cream, lemon meringue). Plus, St. Patrick's Day specials are available all week, including Irish soda bread and a chocolate stout cupcake filled with Bailey's marscapone.|
|Flour Bakery||Boston (Back Bay)||131 Clarendon St.||6:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.|
|Flour Bakery||Cambridge (Harvard Square)||114 Mt Auburn St.||6:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.|
|Flour Bakery||Cambridge (Cambridgeport)||40 Erie St.||6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.|
|Forage||Cambridge||5 Craigie Circle||5:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.||Regular menu available, plus a special three-course snow day menu for $39.|
|Frenchie||Boston (South End)||560 Tremont St.||11 a.m. to 11 p.m.||Open as usual, plus mulled wine and board games.|
|Front Street Coffeehouse||Salem||20 Front St.||7 a.m. to TBD||Staying open until noon or maybe 2 p.m., weather-dependent.|
|Grafton Street||Cambridge (Harvard Square)||1230 Massachusetts Ave.||11 a.m. to 1 a.m.|
|Granary Tavern||Boston (Financial District)||170 Milk Street||11am to 10pm|
|Grass Fed||Boston (Jamaica Plain)||605 Centre St.||11 a.m. to 10 p.m.|
|Griddler's Burgers & Dogs||Boston (Theatre District)||134 Boylson St.||10 a.m. to 10 p.m.||May close early if conditions are bad.|
|Grill 23 & Bar||Boston (Back Bay)||161 Berkeley St.||4:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. (bar opens at 4:30; dinner starts at 5:30)|
|Harvest||Cambridge (Harvard Square)||44 Brattle St.||11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. (lunch); 5:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. (dinner); bar open all day.|
|Henrietta's Table at the Charles Hotel||Cambridge (Harvard Square)||1 Bennett St.||6:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.|
|Hojoko||Boston (Fenway)||1271 Boylston St.||5 p.m. to 2 a.m.|
|Home.Stead Bakery & Cafe||Boston (Dorchester)||1448 Dorchester Ave.||7 a.m. to 11 a.m.||Limited staff. Closing early.|
|Hugh O'Neill's||Malden||45 Pleasant St.||11 a.m. to 2 a.m.||Never closes for snowstorms.|
|Il Molo||Boston (North End)||326 Commercial St.||4:15 p.m. to 11 p.m.|
|J.J. Foley's Cafe||Boston (South End)||117 E. Berkeley St.||10:30 a.m. to 2 a.m.||Never closes for snowstorms.|
|Joshua's Deli||Boston (Financial District)||44 Batterymarch St.||8 a.m. to 12 p.m. or so.||Limited menu. Shutting down the grill at noon; locking the doors by 1 p.m.|
|Jugos||Boston (Back Bay)||145 Dartmouth St.||6:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.||Closing early.|
|Kings Bowl||Boston (Back Bay)||50 Dalton St.||3 p.m. to 1 a.m.||Starting at 9 p.m.: $2 bowling, $2 billiards, $2 shuffleboard, and $2 skee-ball.|
|Kings Bowl||Burlington||52 Second Ave.||11:30 a.m. to 12 a.m.||Starting at 9 p.m.: $2 bowling, $2 billiards, $2 shuffleboard, and $2 skee-ball.|
|Kings Bowl||Dedham||600 Legacy Pl.||11:30 a.m. to 12 a.m.||Starting at 9 p.m.: $2 bowling, $2 billiards, $2 shuffleboard, and $2 skee-ball.|
|Kings Bowl||Lynnfield||510 Market St.||11 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.||Starting at 9 p.m.: $2 bowling, $2 billiards, $2 shuffleboard, and $2 skee-ball.|
|KO Catering & Pies||Boston (South Boston)||87 A St.||10 a.m. to 12 p.m.||Limited hours. (Eastie location is closed today, like all Tuesdays.)|
|La Brasa||Somerville (East Somerville)||124 Broadway||5 p.m. to 10 p.m.||$1 oysters (5 p.m. to 6 p.m.) and pizza.|
|Lamplighter Brewing Co.||Cambridge||284 Broadway||11 a.m. to 12 a.m.||Planning to be open, but keep an eye on social media for updates.|
|Legal Crossing (LX)||Boston (Downtown Crossing)||558 Washington St.||11 a.m. to 2 a.m.|
|Legal Harborside||Boston (Seaport District)||270 Northern Ave.||11 a.m. to 10 p.m.||Only the first floor will be open.|
|Legal Sea Foods||Boston (Back Bay)||100 Huntington Ave.||11 a.m. to 10 p.m.|
|Legal Sea Foods||Boston (Long Wharf)||255 State St.||11 a.m. to 10 p.m.|
|Legal Sea Foods||Cambridge (Harvard Square)||20 University Rd.||11 a.m. to 10 p.m.|
|Legal Sea Foods||Cambridge (Kendall Square)||355 Main St.||11 a.m. to 10 p.m.|
|Lincoln Tavern||Boston (South Boston)||425 W. Broadway||11:30 a.m. to 2 a.m.|
|Lion's Tail||Boston (South End)||354 Harrison Ave.||5 p.m. to 12 a.m.||Half-priced snacks and shared plates from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Hot cocktails available.|
|Liquid Art House||Boston (Back Bay)||100 Arlington St.||5 p.m. to 12 a.m.||Serving a special snow day menu.|
|Little Donkey||Cambridge (Central Square)||505 Massachusetts Ave.||11 a.m. to 1 a.m.||Special: hot buttered rum.|
|Loco Taqueria & Oyster Bar||Boston (South Boston)||412 W. Broadway||Opening at 12 p.m.||Limited menu.|
|Lone Star Taco Bar||Boston (Allston)||479 Cambridge St.||11 a.m. to 2 a.m.||Never closes for snowstorms.|
|Lone Star Taco Bar||Cambridge (East Cambridge)||635 Cambridge St.||11 a.m. to 2 a.m.||Never closes for snowstorms.|
|Longfellows Cambridge||Cambridge||284 Broadway||7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.||Planning to be open, but keep an eye on social media for updates.|
|Los Amigos Taqueria||Brookline (Coolidge Corner)||1294 Beacon St.||11 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.||Newtonville and Brighton locations are closed.|
|Los Amigos Taqueria||Boston (West Roxbury)||1743 Centre St.||11 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.||Newtonville and Brighton locations are closed.|
|Love Art Sushi||Boston (Fenway/Back Bay)||1 Haviland St.||11 a.m. to 9 p.m.||In honor of Pi Day and the snow, get two sushi makirittos for $3.14.|
|Lucky's Lounge||Boston (Fort Point)||355 Congress St.||11:30 a.m. to 2 a.m.|
|Mamaleh's Delicatessen||Cambridge (Kendall Square)||1 Kendall Sq.||8 a.m. to at least 4 p.m.|
|Marliave||Boston (Downtown Crossing)||10 Bosworth St.||11 a.m. to 10 p.m.|
|Martin's Coffee Shop||Brookline||35 Harvard St.||7 a.m. to 3 p.m.|
|Meritage Restaurant + Wine Bar at the Boston Harbor Hotel||Boston (Waterfront)||70 Rowes Wharf||5 p.m. to 10 p.m.|
|Met Back Bay||Boston (Back Bay)||279 Dartmouth St.||11 a.m. to 11 p.m.|
|Mida||Boston (South End)||782 Tremont St.||5:30 p.m. to 1 a.m.|
|Mistral||Boston (South End)||223 Columbus Ave.||5:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.|
|MJ O'Connor's Park Plaza||Boston (Back Bay)||27 Columbus Ave.||11:30 a.m. to 2 a.m.||Special: a little bit of pre-St. Patrick's Day corned beef and cabbage.|
|MJ O'Connor's Westin||Boston (Seaport District)||425 Summer St.||11:30 a.m. to 2 a.m. (food until 12 a.m.)|
|Monument||Boston (Charlestown)||251 Main St.||Opening at 2 p.m.||Pizza and wings.|
|Moody's Delicatessen & Provisions||Waltham||468 Moody St.||7 a.m. to 10 p.m.||Planning to stay open all day.|
|Moogy's||Boston (Brighton)||154 Chestnut Hill Ave.||10 a.m. to 10 p.m.|
|Moona||Cambridge (Inman Square)||243 Hampshire St.||5 p.m. to 10 p.m.|
|Moonshine 152||Boston (South Boston)||152 Dorchester Ave.||5:30 p.m. to 2 a.m.|
|Mooo||Boston (Beacon Hill)||15 Beacon St.||7 a.m. to 10 p.m.|
|My Diner||Melrose||399 Main St.||6 a.m. to 3 p.m.|
|Naco Taco||Cambridge (Central Square)||297 Massachusetts Ave.||11:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.|
|Neighborhood Restaurant||Somerville (Union Square)||25 Bow St.||7 a.m. to 4 p.m.|
|New York Pizza||Boston (Theatre District)||224 Tremont St.||10 a.m. to 1 a.m.|
|New York Pizza||Boston (South End)||435 Massachusetts Ave.||10 a.m. to 1 a.m.|
|Nourish Your Soul||Winchester||15 Thompson St.||7 a.m. to 6 p.m.||Closed in Medford.|
|O Ya||Boston (Leather District)||9 East St.||5 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.|
|Oak + Rowan||Boston (Fort Point)||321 A St.||11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.; 4:30 p.m. to 12 a.m.|
|Off The Common Boston at the Park Plaza||Boston (Back Bay)||50 Arlington St.||6:30 a.m. to 12:00 a.m.||Special snow rates for hotel rooms start at $169.|
|Olde Magoun's Saloon||Somerville (Magoun Square)||518 Medford St.||11:30 a.m. to 1 a.m.|
|Olde Main Street Pub||Salem||121 Essex St.||5 p.m. to 1 a.m. (Food until 9:30 p.m.)||There's a fireplace.|
|On the Hill Tavern||Somerville (Magoun Square)||499 Broadway||11:30 a.m. to 1 a.m.|
|Ostra||Boston (Theatre District)||1 Charles St. S.||5:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.|
|Pabu||Boston (Downtown Crossing)||3 Franklin St.||5:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.||Limited dinner menu.|
|Pantry||Natick||1360 Worcester St.||6:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.|
|Parish Cafe||Boston (Back Bay)||361 Boylston St.||11:30 a.m. to 2 a.m.|
|Parish Cafe||Boston (South End)||493 Massachusetts Ave.||11:30 a.m. to 2 a.m.|
|Park||Cambridge (Harvard Square)||59 JFK St.||5 p.m. to 1 a.m.|
|Pastoral||Boston (Fort Point)||345 Congress St.||TBD||Hoping to open at least for lunch tomorrow.|
|Pavement Coffeehouse||Boston (Allston)||1243 Commonwealth Ave.||7 a.m. to 5 p.m.|
|Pavement Coffeehouse||Boston (Back Bay)||1096 Boylston St.||7 a.m. to 7 p.m.|
|Pavement Coffeehouse||Boston (Fenway/BU)||736 Commonwealth Ave.||7 a.m. to 9 p.m.|
|Pavement Coffeehouse||Boston (Fenway)||1334 Boylston St.||7 a.m. to 8 p.m.|
|Pavement Coffeehouse||Boston (Back Bay/Symphony)||44 Gainsborough St.||7 a.m. to 8 p.m.|
|Pavement Coffeehouse||Boston (Back Bay)||286 Newbury St.||7 a.m. to 8 p.m.|
|People's Republik||Cambridge (Central Square/Harvard Square)||876-878 Massachusetts Ave.||12 p.m. to 1 a.m.||Never closes for snowstorms.|
|Pier 6||Boston (Charlestown)||1 8th St.||11 a.m. to 10 p.m.||Special: French onion soup ($11).|
|Porters Bar & Grill||Boston (West End)||173 Portland St.||11:30 a.m. to 2 a.m.|
|Post 390||Boston (Back Bay)||406 Stuart St.||11:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. (lunch); 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. (dinner)||Offering a nightly "pig plate" special. Three fireplaces.|
|Posto||Somerville (Davis Square)||187 Elm St.||5:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.||$12 pizzas (margherita, marinara, pepperoni, and risotto).|
|Precinct Kitchen + Bar||Boston (Back Bay)||154 Berkeley St.||7 a.m. to 2 p.m. (breakfast and lunch); 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. (dinner).|
|Puritan & Co.||Cambridge (Inman Square)||1166 Cambridge St.||5:30 p.m. to 11 p.m.||$1 oysters and a special three-course snow day menu ($35).|
|Render Coffee||Boston (South End)||563 Columbus Ave.||7 a.m. to TBD||Will close once the weather gets too bad. Downtown location is closed all day.|
|Roast Beast||Boston (Allston)||1080 Commonwealth Ave.||11 a.m. to 4 p.m.||Closing earlier than usual.|
|Rowes Wharf Bar at the Boston Harbor Hotel||Boston (Waterfront)||70 Rowes Wharf||4 p.m. to 1:30 a.m.|
|Rowes Wharf Sea Grille at the Boston Harbor Hotel||Boston (Waterfront)||70 Rowes Wharf||6:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.|
|Roxy's Grilled Cheese||Cambridge (Central Square)||292 Massachusetts Ave.||Opening at 5 p.m.||Closed for lunch; opening for dinner. (All other locations closed and trucks off the road.)|
|Roza Lyons||Boston (South Boston)||709 E. Broadway||Opening at 11:30 a.m.|
|Russell House Tavern||Cambridge (Harvard Square)||14 JFK St.||11 a.m. to 1 a.m.|
|Saltie Girl||Boston (Back Bay)||281 Dartmouth St.||11:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.|
|Savin Bar and Kitchen||Boston (Dorchester)||112 Savin Hill Ave.||3 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.|
|Scampo||Boston (Beacon Hill)||215 Charles St.||5:30 p.m. to 11 p.m.||Dinner only.|
|Seven Star Bistro||Boston (Roslindale)||153-155 Belgrade Ave.||5 p.m. to 9 p.m.||Tuesday is Rozzie Ramen night.|
|Smith & Wollensky (Atlantic Wharf)||Boston (Waterfront)||294 Congress St.||11:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.|
|Social Restaurant & Bar||Newton (Newton Corner)||320 Washington St.||11 a.m. to 12 a.m.||Open during every snowstorm for lunch, dinner, and drinks. Validated garage parking onsite (free at night and on weekends).|
|Solas Irish Pub at the Lenox Hotel||Boston (Back Bay)||710 Boylston St.||11 a.m. to 2 a.m.|
|Somerville Brewing Company||Somerville (Boynton Yards)||15 Ward St.||4 p.m. to 11 p.m.||Supper, 19 beers on draft, and a special "The Boston Yeti" taster flight (and an appearance by said yeti).|
|South End Buttery||Boston (South End)||314 Shawmut Ave.||6 a.m. to 10 p.m.|
|South End Buttery||Boston (South End)||37 Clarendon St.||6:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.|
|South Street Diner||Boston (Leather District)||178 Kneeland St.||24 hours||Beef stew for emergency workers.|
|Southern Kin||Somerville (Assembly Row)||500 Assembly Row||11:30 a.m. to 12 a.m.||May close early if conditions are bad.|
|Sportello||Boston (Fort Point)||348 Congress St.||11:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.|
|SRV||Boston (South End)||569 Columbus Ave.||Opening at 5 p.m.||Bottomless meatballs in red sauce ($4).|
|State Park||Cambridge (Kendall Square)||1 Kendall Sq.||5 p.m. to 1 a.m.||Closed for lunch. Opening at 5 p.m., featuring a special snow day drink menu.|
|State Street Provisions||Boston (Waterfront)||255 State St.||11 a.m. to 1 a.m.|
|Stephanie's on Newbury||Boston (Back Bay)||190 Newbury St.||7:30 a.m. to 12 a.m. (Food stops at 11 p.m.)||Never closes for snowstorms.|
|Stephi's in Southie||Boston (South Boston)||130 Dorchester Ave.||11:30 a.m. to 2 a.m. (Food stops at 11 p.m.)||Never closes for snowstorms.|
|Stephi's on Tremont||Boston (South End)||571 Tremont St.||11:30 a.m. to 12 a.m. (Food stops at 11 p.m.)||Never closes for snowstorms.|
|Strega Waterfront||Boston (Seaport District)||1 Marina Park Dr.||11:30 a.m. to 11 p.m.||Specials: $3 flatbreads and $1 bowls of minestrone soup.|
|Strip by Strega||Boston (Back Bay)||64 Arlington St.||4 p.m. to 2 a.m.||Specials: $3 flatbreads and $1 bowls of tomato soup.|
|Sweet Cheeks||Boston (Fenway)||1381 Boylston St.||Opening at 11:30 a.m.||Open at least for lunch.|
|Tamper||Medford||340 Boston Ave.||7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.|
|Tapestry||Boston (Fenway)||69 Kilmarnock St.||4 p.m. to 9 p.m.||Limited staff.|
|Tavern at the End of the World||Boston (Charlestown)||108 Cambridge St.||11 a.m. to 1 a.m.||The scheduled live music will be canceled, but "we will be open, serving brews, shepherds pies, & beef stew to neighborhood folk who want to warm up by the fire!"|
|Tavern Road||Boston (Fort Point)||343 Congress St.||11 a.m. to 2 a.m.||Tiki Tuesday.|
|Teatro||Boston (Downtown)||177 Tremont St.||5 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.|
|Temple Bar||Cambridge (Harvard Square/Porter Square)||1688 Massachusetts Ave.||5 p.m. to 1 a.m.|
|Ten Tables||Boston (Jamaica Plain)||597 Centre St.||5:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.||At the bar, get a burger and any draft beer for $15.|
|The Automatic||Cambridge (Kendall Square)||50 Hampshire St.||11:30 a.m. to 2 a.m.|
|The Bagel Place||Newton||300 Needham St.||6 a.m. to 4 p.m. or TBD||Most likely closing early, so call first.|
|The Beehive||Boston (South End)||541 Tremont St.||5 p.m. to 12 a.m.|
|The Biltmore Bar & Grille||Newton||1205 Chestnut St.||11:30 a.m. to 1 a.m.||Never closes for snowstorms.|
|The Cafe and The Bar at The Taj||Boston (Back Bay)||15 Arlington St.||The Bar: 2:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.; The Cafe: breakfast 6:30 a.m. to 11 a.m., lunch 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., dinner 5:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.||Regular menus at each venue. Get a nice view of the Public Garden from The Bar. Special snow rate of $199/night for the hotel.|
|The Grog||Newburyport||13 Middle St.||Opening at 11:30 a.m.||There's a fireplace.|
|The Haven||Boston (Jamaica Plain)||2 Perkins St.||12 p.m. to 1 a.m.||Never closes for snowstorms.|
|The Hopewell Bar & Kitchen||Boston (Allston)||1277 Commonwealth Ave.||11:30 a.m. to 2 a.m.|
|The Hourly||Cambridge (Harvard Square)||15 Dunster St.||11 a.m. to 12 a.m.|
|The Independent||Somerville (Union Square)||75 Union Sq.||3 p.m. to 1 a.m.||Never closes for snowstorms.|
|The Just Crust||Cambridge (Harvard Square)||49 Brattle St. B||11 a.m. to 9 p.m.||No delivery today.|
|The Kirkland Tap & Trotter||Somerville||425 Washington St.||5:30 p.m. to 11 p.m.||Chef's Whim tasting menu will be happening. Burgers are $10.|
|The Lower Depths||Boston (Kenmore Square)||476 Commonwealth Ave.||11:30 a.m. to 1 a.m.|
|The Maiden||Boston (Southie)||28 W. Broadway||4 p.m. to 10 p.m.||"Out of respect to our staff, we will close if the T cancels service."|
|The Merchant||Boston (Downtown Crossing)||60 Franklin St.||5 p.m. to 12 a.m.|
|The Naumkeag Ordinary||Salem||118 Washington St.||3 p.m to 1 a.m.||Opening early and serving free American chop suey.|
|The Painted Burro||Somerville (Davis Square)||219 Elm St.||5 p.m. to 1 a.m.||Half-priced loaded nachos ($7).|
|The Salty Pig||Boston (Back Bay)||130 Dartmouth St.||4 p.m. to 12 a.m.|
|The Smoke Shop||Cambridge (Kendall Square)||1 Kendall Sq.||11 a.m. to 12 a.m.|
|The Tip Tap Room||Boston (Beacon Hill)||138 Cambridge St.||11:30 a.m. to 2 a.m.|
|The Urban Grape||Boston (South End)||303 Columbus Ave.||10 a.m. to 10 p.m.|
|The Warren Tavern||Boston (Charlestown)||2 Pleasant St.||11 a.m. to 1 a.m.|
|Thwaites Market||Methuen||36 Railroad St.||8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. or TBD||Most likely closing early, so call first.|
|Tiger Mama||Boston (Fenway)||1363 Boylston St.||Opening at 5 p.m.||Serving a special snowstorm menu that features ramen and a few other dishes. The regular menu won't be available. Keep an eye out for snow-inspired drink specials.|
|Tom's BaoBao||Cambridge (Harvard Sq.)||84 Winthrop St.||10 a.m. to 1 p.m.||Closing early.|
|Toro||South End||1704 Washington St.||12 p.m. to 12 a.m.||Specials: Suquet dumpling (shrimp, octopus and romesco dumpling with spicy Catalan broth) and morcilla shepherd's pie (blood sausage, winesap apple, and Idiazabal cheese). The fire is going all day, and vermouth is on draft.|
|Twelve Hours||Boston (Brighton)||559 Washington St.||4 p.m. to 11 p.m.||Opening later than usual.|
|Union Square Donuts||Somerville (Union Square)||20 Bow St.||7 a.m. to 1 p.m.|
|Union Square Donuts||Brookline (Coolidge Corner)||409 Harvard St.||7 a.m. to TBD||Closing early.|
|V02 Vegan Cafe||Cambridge (Central Square/Harvard Square)||1001 Massachusetts Ave.||8 a.m. to 1 p.m.||The attached yoga studio is open for all classes except Mommy & Baby.|
|Waypoint||Cambridge (Harvard Square)||1030 Massachusetts Ave.||5 p.m. to 11 p.m.||Never closes for snowstorms. $1 oysters.|
|West on Centre||Boston (West Roxbury)||1732 Centre St.||11 a.m. to 11 p.m.|
On very stormy days, this section will be updated frequently with restaurants that have confirmed they are closed for the day (or significantly altering the usual hours, in which case the same restaurant may also appear in the #OpenInBOS section above). Email us to get added; we’re currently tracking info for Tuesday, March 14, 2017.
- 7ate9 Bakery (Somerville)
- A&B Burgers (Beverly)
- Aceituna Grill (Kendall Square and Seaport District) — Both locations closed Tuesday.
- Amsterdam Falafelshop (Davis Square, Somerville)
- Anna’s Taqueria (Multiple locations) — All locations closed Tuesday except for Porter Square and Harvard Street.
- Antico Forno (North End, Boston)
- Aquitaine (Chestnut Hill and Dedham) — Both Chestnut Hill and Dedham locations closed Tuesday. Boston is open.
- Baby Cakes (Quincy)
- Barking Crab (Seaport District, Boston)
- Bastille Kitchen (Fort Point, Boston)
- Blue Ginger (Wellesley) — Closed Tuesday; extending Dine Out Boston to include dinner service on Sunday, March 19.
- Blue Ribbon Bar-B-Q (Multiple locations) — Both locations closed Tuesday.
- The Brahmin (Back Bay, Boston)
- Branch Line (Watertown)
- Brelundi (Waltham) — Felton St. location closed; Crescent St. location open.
- Brew (Seaport District, Boston)
- Brew on the Grid (Worcester)
- British Beer Company (Worcester)
- Cafe de Boston (Downtown Boston)
- Cambridge Brewing Company (Kendall Square, Cambridge)
- Carroll’s Restaurant (Medford)
- Casa B (Union Square, Somerville)
- Cask ‘n Flagon (Fenway and Marshfield) — Both locations closed Tuesday.
- The Chicken & Rice Guys (Multiple locations) — All locations closed Tuesday.
- Chill on Park (Dorchester, Boston)
- Cinquecento (South End, Boston)
- Cobblestone Cafe (North End, Boston)
- The Cod Squad (Westwood)
- Committee (Seaport District, Boston)
- Cook (Newton) — Closed for lunch on Tuesday; stay tuned for dinner updates.
- Coppersmith (South Boston)
- Cuppacoffee (Back Bay, Boston) — Back Bay location closed Tuesday; West End and South End open.
- Doretta Taverna & Raw Bar (Back Bay, Boston)
- Dudley Cafe (Roxbury, Boston) — Closed Tuesday and opening late Wednesday (8 a.m. to 2 p.m.)
- Ecco Boston (East Boston)
- Empire Restaurant & Lounge (Seaport District, Boston)
- Firefly’s BBQ (Marlborough)
- Foumami (Downtown Boston)
- Frank Pepe’s (Chestnut Hill)
- Frank’s Steak House (Cambridge)
- Gaslight Lynnfield (Lynnfield)
- Gather (Seaport District, Boston)
- Gre.co (Back Bay, Boston) — Was open earlier in the day but has closed for dinner.
- Haute Coffee (Concord)
- The Hawthorne (Kenmore Square, Boston)
- Hops N Scotch (Coolidge Corner, Brookline)
- Howling Wolf Taqueria (Salem)
- The Ice Creamsmith (Dorchester, Boston)
- Island Creek Oyster Bar (Kenmore Square and Burlington) — Both locations closed on Tuesday.
- Itadaki (Back Bay, Boston)
- Jack’s Abby (Framingham)
- Johnny’s Luncheonette (Newton)
- Jook Sing Cafe (Chinatown, Boston)
- The Juice Union (Union Square, Somerville)
- K2 Cafe (Kendall Square, Cambridge)
- Knight Moves Cafe (Brookline)
- La Motta’s (South End, Boston)
- L’Andana (Burlington)
- Les Zygomates (Downtown Crossing, Boston)
- Little Wolf Coffee (Ipswich)
- Lock 50 (Worcester)
- Los Amigos Taqueria (Multiple locations) — Newtonville and Brighton locations are closed Tuesday; West Roxbury and Brookline are open regular hours.
- Loui Loui (Multiple locations) — Both the Stoneham and Allston locations are closed Tuesday.
- Mast’ (Downtown Crossing, Boston)
- Max Brenner (Back Bay, Boston)
- McCormick & Schmick’s (Downtown Boston) — The Faneuil Hall location is closed today.
- Meju (Davis Square, Somerville)
- Menton (Fort Boston, Boston) — Tuesday lunch is canceled; stay tuned for updates on dinner.
- Mother Juice (Multiple locations) — All locations closed Tuesday.
- Mystic Brewery (Chelsea)
- Nebo (Atlantic Wharf, Boston)
- Nourish Your Soul (Medford) — Closed in Medford; open in Winchester.
- Novara (Milton)
- Oat Shop (Davis Square, Somerville)
- Ogawa Coffee (Downtown Boston)
- Oleana (Cambridge)
- The Palm Boston (Seaport District, Boston) — Closed for lunch.
- Pearl Street Station (Malden)
- Piattini Wine Cafe (Back Bay, Boston)
- Pizzi Farm (Waltham)
- The Porch (Wakefield)
- Porto (Back Bay, Boston) — Closed for lunch Tuesday; dinner TBD.
- Prescott (Charlestown, Boston)
- Real Gusto (Medford)
- Recreo Coffee & Roasterie (West Roxbury)
- Redbones (Davis Square, Somerville)
- Redd’s in Rozzie (Roslindale, Boston)
- Red Lantern (Back Bay, Boston)
- Render Coffee (Downtown Boston) — Closed downtown. Open at 7 a.m. in the South End but closing when conditions get too bad.
- Rino’s Place (East Boston)
- Ristorante Olivio (Arlington)
- Row 34 (Fort Point and Portsmouth) — Both locations closed Tuesday.
- Roxy’s Grilled Cheese (Multiple locations) — All trucks off the road. Allston, Southie, and Lynnfield closed; Central Square closed for lunch but opening at 5 p.m.
- Sabroso Taqueria (Downtown Boston)
- Saltbox Kitchen (Concord)
- Sarma (Winter Hill, Somerville)
- Saté Grill (Multiple locations) — All locations closed Tuesday.
- Saus (Downtown Boston)
- Seta’s Cafe (Belmont)
- Sofra (Cambridge)
- Sorellina (Back Bay, Boston)
- Stoked Pizza (Washington Square, Brookline)
- Strip-T’s (Watertown)
- Sullivan’s (South Boston)
- Sweet Bakery (Multiple locations) — All locations closed Tuesday.
- Szechuan’s Dumpling (Arlington)
- The Table at Season to Taste (North Cambridge)
- The Tap Trailhouse (Downtown Boston)
- Tavern in the Square (Multiple locations) — Allston, Porter Square, and Central Square locations confirmed closed Tuesday; stay tuned for updates on the rest.
- Temptations Cafe (Brookline)
- Terramia Ristorante (North End, Boston)
- Thirst Juice Co. (Multiple locations) — Both locations closed Tuesday.
- Toscanini’s (Central Square, Cambridge)
- Townsman (Downtown Boston)
- Tres Petite Creperie (Lexington)
- Trillium Brewing Company (Fort Point and Canton) — Both locations closed Tuesday.
- Tryst (Arlington)
- Ula Cafe (Jamaica Plain, Boston)
- Union Street Restaurant (Newton)
- Veggie Galaxy (Central Square, Cambridge) — Celebrating Pi Day tomorrow instead with $3.14 slices of pie.
- Villa Mexico Cafe (Downtown Boston)
- Vivi Bubble Tea Cafe (Quincy) — Might open later in the day if conditions allow.
- Wink & Nod (South End, Boston)
- Woods Hill Table (Concord)
- WuBurger (Woburn)
- Zo Boston (Downtown Boston) — Both locations closed Tuesday.
Don’t want to leave your home? Many delivery companies have a Boston presence. Tip well.
- Dining In
- Drizly (booze)
- Eat24 (part of Yelp)
- Instacart (groceries)
If you’re staying in, you might as well catch up on some great food-related programs.
- Chef’s Table — From Jiro Dreams of Sushi director David Gelb comes a series that profiles several acclaimed chefs, including Dan Barber, Francis Mallmann, Dominique Crenn, and more. Netflix has both seasons as well as the Chef’s Table France spin-off. The third season of the original series begins February 17 and will feature Ivan Orkin, Nancy Silverton, and more.
- Cooked — Michael Pollan’s Netflix documentary series explores the power of cooking and compels viewers to get back into the kitchen to renew ties to our history and to each other. Each episode takes its cue from an element — fire, water, air, earth.
- The Great British Baking Show — PBS.org has three seasons of the best cooking competition show ever aired. Watch them and relive the glory days of the original crew of hosts and judges, because now everything is terrible.
- MasterChef Junior — Season 5 kicked off on February 9, so look for new episodes on Hulu each week to see the nurturing side of Gordon Ramsay as precocious kids compete adorably to become the next MasterChef Junior. Hulu also many seasons of Top Chef and Kitchen Nightmares, as well as season 16 of Hell’s Kitchen.
- Midnight Diner: Tokyo Stories — This Netflix original comes highly recommended by several Eater staffers. The Eater staffer writing this winter round-up has not yet seen it, so here’s the description from Netflix: “Tucked into the corner of a Tokyo street, this diner opens at midnight and the Master serves any food you want. One bite might just change your life.”
- The Mind of a Chef — With narration by Anthony Bourdain, The Mind of a Chef follows several well-known chefs on various explorations. In the series premiere, for example, watch David Chang travel to Japan for a bowl of the original tsukemen.
- Two Fat Ladies — A classic BBC cooking show from the late ‘90s. Find many episodes on YouTube.