Happy Friday! For this weekend’s dining recommendations, we’ll start with a round-up of all the new openings we covered over the last couple of weeks, listed alphabetically with their neighborhoods and a few sample dishes from the menu. After that, we’ll recap some of our recent map updates, from new brunches to places to watch the Olympics.
As always, we want to see what you’re eating, so don’t forget to use the hashtag #eaterboston on your Instagram photos of Boston-area food finds. We’ll regram some of our favorites.
Here are all the brand new restaurants to check out:
- Brelundi (Waltham): Prosciutto di parma sandwich; beef and pea arancini; lasagna bolognese.
- Brew on the Grid (Worcester): Strawberry brewacinno; Japanese noodle salad; watermelon salad.
- Central (Newton Centre): Seared scallops with sweet and sour corn relish; crispy salmon with preserved lemon and peppercress; ground lamb kebobs with sour cherry sauce.
- Cheesy Street Grill (Natick and Westborough): Get Shorty grilled cheese sandwich with beef short ribs and chipotle mac & cheese; The All Star grilled cheese sandwich with goat cheese, fig jam, and red wine caramelized onions; taco salad.
- Emma’s Pizza (South End): Pizza; sandwiches; salads.
- Fat Hen (East Somerville): Spaghetti with Jonah crab, green tomato, and bacon; tramezzini with prosciutto cotto, foglie di noce cheese, and fig mostarda; lamb saddle with black garlic, panzanella, dandelion greens, and caper vinaigrette.
- Gita at Wink & Nod (South End): Pan-fried pork momo with spicy roasted tomato chutney; garlic butter naan with butter chicken sauce; lamb chops with chili sauce, kimchi fried rice, and spicy eggplant.
- Haley.Henry Wine Bar (Downtown Crossing): Lamb tartare on toast with mullet bottarga and arugula; snapper crudo with rhubarb, juniper oil, and calendula; Washington State tinned smoked oysters in habanero.
- Il Molo (North End): Prawns a la plancha; seafood stew; spaghetti and clams with red or white sauce.
- Nosh & Grog Provisions (Medfield): Part pork belly burger; fried chicken with ancient spice; sage potato dumplings.
- Wingstop (Medford): Lemon pepper classic wings; atomic boneless wings; mango habanero crispy tenders.
And don’t forget about Volante Farms in Needham — it’s now reopen after having to close for about three weeks due to an independent contractor’s use of an outdoor floor sealant inside. Grab and a sandwich and salad at the deli, and stock up on produce.
Like maps? You’re in luck — this week was full of maps:
- The Cocktail Heatmap: Where to Drink Right Now: 10 great cocktail destinations around town that are either under a year old or have recently made a major change in their beverage program. New additions include Little Donkey and GrandTen Bar.
- The Hottest Brunches in Boston Right Now, August 2016: You could hit at least two of these this weekend...maybe more if you’re really hungry. New additions include Southern Kin, Mamaleh’s, and lots more.
- The Hottest Restaurants in Boston Right Now, August 2016: New additions include Juliet, Porto, and more.
- Rio Olympics 2016: Where to Watch in Boston: Try State Park, Bukowski Tavern, or one of these other options.
- Where to Dine Gluten-Free in Boston: Restaurants like Myers + Chang and Nebo offer gluten-free menus.
Have a great weekend full of delicious things.