Cambridge had a blockbuster opening season, from Ken Oringer's and Jamie Bissonnette's first restaurant on this side of the river (Little Donkey) to the much-anticipated Smoke Shop from Andy Husbands, not to mention Mamaleh's from the State Park crew. Plus, Michael Scelfo's cooking up seafood, pizza, and more at his Alden & Harlow sequel, Waypoint. And all of the restaurants that were damaged in a fire at One Kendall Square a year ago have finally reopened; Flat Top Johnny's returned earlier this year, while Beantowne Coffee House, The Blue Room, and Belly returned this summer. And that's not all — read on for the details.To see what opened elsewhere in the Boston area in summer 2016, head this way. Want a preview of fall openings? That's right here.
Originally published on June 21, 2016. Date of most recent update appears above.
Table Of Contents (all h2's added automatically)
- Andy Husbands prepares to slice up a half rack of ribs at The Smoke Shop. Photos by Rachel Leah Blumenthal for Eater.
- Ribs, rib rub, and The Smoke Shop's sauces.
- The open kitchen looks out into the dining room.
- Husbands pours sauce on the ribs.
- Brisket and slaw.
- Cocktails, including a rhubarb shrub julep (far left) and a frozen coffee-and-bourbon drink (second from left).
Main Image: Harvard Square/f11photo on Shutterstock