Following the horrific tragedy in Orlando this weekend, several local businesses in the food and beverage industry have announced plans to raise funds for various charities. This list will be updated if other businesses follow suit; please send info to firstname.lastname@example.org if you know of anything that should be added.
- Blackbird Doughnuts — The South End bakery sold rainbow doughnuts Friday through Sunday for Pride and will donate 100% of those sales to "a worthy charity that addresses LOVE for the LGBT charity." Blackbird is soliciting suggestions for the appropriate non-profit; chime in on Instagram or Facebook if you have ideas.
- South End Buttery — Also in the South End, this bakery and cafe is selling rainbow cupcakes this week and splitting 100% of sales to the charities of customers’ choice.
- Aeronaut Brewing Company — The Somerville brewery kicks off a 12-week Wednesday residency at 267 Western Ave. in North Allston this week (June 15) — a series with live music, food trucks, bike repairs, beer, and more. For this week’s event, 100% of Aeronaut’s proceeds will be donated to the GLBT Community Center of Central Florida. A piece of art by local artist Raul Gonzalez III will also be auctioned at the event, with all proceeds going to the same organization.
- Grass Fed — The Forest Hills location is hosting a "More Love, Less Hate" fundraiser on Wednesday, June 15. Between 6 p.m. to midnight, there will be candles to light and "the best of gay disco music" playing, with proceeds being donated to an organization that will directly assist the victims and their families.
- The Ugly Mug Diner — This Salem restaurant will donate a portion of tips collected on Sunday, June 19 to Equality Florida Action, Inc., and the restaurant will match that amount as well. Plus, the sales of every Ugly Mug for the month of June will be donated.
- Boston Common Coffee Co. — This group of coffee shops is making "Orlando United Cookies" with 100% of the proceeds going to the Pulse Victims Fund. Get a half dozen cookies for a $25 donation and a dozen for $50; order online. Free shipping throughout June.