A new restaurant coming to Charlestown will test its menu on Wednesdays in March at one of its owner's other restaurants. Blackmoor Bar and Kitchen will preview a selection of its varied menu at Olde Magoun's Saloon as Gregory Coughlin prepares to open his third restaurant, according to BostInno.
Blackmoor will take over at 1 Chelsea St., the former Papagayo space, and will seat 240 people, including 100 at the bar, as Boston Magazine reported. The restaurant will have 34 draft beers, wine, and a cocktail program.
The menu for the new restaurant will pull together a collection of New England, Asian, and Mediterranean fare. Previews will be Wednesdays from 5-11 p.m. at Old Magoun's in Somerville's Magoun Square, and the menu is as follows:
- Ahi Tuna Poke: Sesame crusted seared rare tuna, ginger soy sauce, Asian 5 spice wontons, wasabi aioli
- New England Cod & Potato Cake: House tartar sauce, fried capers, torched lemon
- Chilled Soba Noodles: Crispy Asian vegetables, pressed tofu, green onions, miso vinaigrette
- Lamb Poutine: Hand cut fries, braised lamb, rosemary stout gravy, pickled onions, Westfield Farm goat curds, optional fried farmhouse egg
- Korea Town Rueben: 5 spice pork pastrami, house kimchi, 2000 island dressing, rye bread
- Char-Grilled Lamb Burger: Westfield Farm goat curds, pickled onions, cucumbers, spiced tzatziki sauce, rosemary pita
- Downeast Split Chicken: Cider brined organic chicken, rosemary potatoes, brick oven veggies, Downeast Cider pan jus
- Boston Cream Pie: Mixed berry compote, Chantilly cream