Just in time for Sweets Week, a high-end restaurant in Boston’s Back Bay is getting into the pie business with a pie counter and an online shop. Bar Boulud pastry chef Robert Differ has launched an online pop-up pie shop to prepare for Thanksgiving and will be offering a taste of his pies in the restaurant soon.
Here’s a look at the pies Differ will be churning out for the holiday:
• Tall apple pie with a domed crust, Golden Delicious apples, and spice
• Traditional pumpkin pie with a spiced filling
• Glazed pecan pie with pecans baked in classic custard
• Pistachio cream pie with coconut graham crust, pistachio custard, vanilla Chantilly, and a pistachio topping
Thanksgiving pie orders placed online can be picked up between November 20 and 23, according to a release. Bar Boulud, located inside the Mandarin Oriental at 776 Boylston St., will also open a seven-seat pop-up pie counter for guests to sample the pies, starting November 10. During lunch and dinner, pies will be available by the slice or as a sampler, with all four pies included.
Each pie is 10 inches, and the cost is $30 for the apple and pumpkin pies, $35 for the pecan pie, and $45 for the pistachio cream. Slices range from $5-7 at the pie counter, and the four-pie tasting goes for $18.
• All Bar Boulud Coverage on Eater [EBOS]