Table Of Contents (all h2's added automatically)
- Anthem Kitchen & Bar (Downtown Boston, Boston): During every major storm this season, Anthem will be serving a special snow menu that includes a variety of fondue options ($13-$21), grilled cheese with soup ($13), and s'more pizza ($9). Hot drink specials include mulled cider ($10), snowcap (Bailey's, hot chocolate whipped cream) ($9), and more.
- Barcelona Wine Bar (Washington Square, Brookline; South End, Boston): During every storm this winter, both locations will serve s'mores and churros, and there will be free soup and free hot chocolate available.
- Besito Mexican (Chestnut Hill; Burlington): Until March 31, 2016, whenever the projected high temperature for the day is 16 degrees or lower, get an appetizer for $3.99 with purchase of a lunch or dinner entree. Appetizers are usually priced between $7.95 and $11.95. (Panquesito de jaiba and tableside guacamole are excluded from the deal.)
- BOKX 109 (Newton): Half-priced burgers and flatbreads during snow emergencies.
- Canary Square (Jamaica Plain, Boston): When a snow emergency is declared in JP, Canary Square will serve $5 tacos (crispy coconut cod, carnitas, grilled hanger steak, fried egg) and $8 margaritas (classic, spicy pineapple, pomegranate, apricot).
- Coda (South End, Boston): When a snow emergency is declared in Boston, Coda will have a grilled cheese and tomato soup special with various types of grilled cheese available.
- Coppersmith (South Boston, Boston): When a snow emergency is declared in Boston, Coppersmith will be serving up half-priced grilled cheese and smoked tomato bisque combos ($7). Once Coppersmith's cafe opens (February 1), snow days mean a complimentary kids' hot cocoa with purchase of a George Howell Coffee beverage.
- Loyal Nine (East Cambridge, Cambridge): The restaurant and cafe promises to stay open with at least one person running the show no matter the weather, and storms will bring a variety of specials, to be announced via social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram). Keep an eye out for reduced Shared Supper prices, one-day themed menus, or other surprises.
- The Painted Burro (Davis Square, Somerville): When a snow emergency is declared in Somerville, The Painted Burro will have $3 mini tacos (chorizo, carnitas, BLT & cheese, crispy calamari, and more).
- Pastoral (Fort Point, Boston): When a snow emergency is declared in Boston, Pastoral will offer a margherita pizza and select beer for $18 at the bar (usually $24).
- Posto (Davis Square, Somerville): When a snow emergency is declared in Somerville, there will be $12 pizzas for dine-in or take-out (margherita, pepperoni, marinara, mushroom, and soppressata).
- Puritan & Co. (Inman Square, Cambridge): Whenever it snows more than three inches throughout the winter, there will be a three-course storm menu available for $35, including an appetizer, entree, and dessert.
- Rosebud American Kitchen & Bar (Davis Square, Somerville): When a snow emergency is declared in Somerville, a special brunch-for-dinner menu will be available in addition to the regular dinner menu. (Rosebud will be open normal hours during snow emergencies unless otherwise announced.) Brunch-for-dinner dishes include chicken and waffles with roasted peach maple syrup; a bacon and egg burger with crinkle-cut fries; a bacon bourbon bloody mary; and more.
- Tasty Burger (Fenway, Boston; Back Bay, Boston; South Boston, Boston; Harvard Square, Cambridge): If there's a storm brewing, keep an eye on Tasty Burger's social media accounts for the hashtag #TastySnowDay, which will be used to provide alerts on altered hours and specials. Planned snow day specials include cameos by Tasty Burger's retired Big Kahuna burger (pineapple, grilled red onion, teriyaki sauce) and Tasty beanie giveaways for the first 10 people to arrive at a location after spotting the #TastySnowDay beanie graphic on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook.
During active big storms, this section will be updated with information about restaurants that are open but with unusual hours, specials, etc.
During active big storms, this section will be updated with confirmed closures.
There are a number of delivery services available in the Boston area. Tip kindly!
Winter Dining and Drinking Essentials
- The January Dining Heatmap
- The 38 Essential Boston Restaurants, Winter 2016
- The Boston Restaurant Opening Guide, Winter 2016
- Hot Cocktail Season Is Here
- You Should Drink Hot Chocolate Today
- Soups to Eat When It Snows in Boston
Main Image: Shutterstock