There's a new brunch in town, starting this Sunday. Head to Banyan Bar + Refuge in the South End for beignets with garam masala sugar and apple butter; grilled smoked pork belly with sweet potato hoisin and peanuts; spicy pork mapo hash; and lots more. It's available from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Keep an eye out for the future addition of Saturday brunch as well.
Here's the debut menu; most of the dishes fall within the $6 to $16 range.
- Oyster shooter, sriracha bloody mary, lime, pickled jalapeno
- Daikon fries, gochujang ketchup, mushroom XO aioli
- Beignets, garam masala sugar, apple butter
- Sweet coconut rice, puffed purple rice granola, candied kumquats, mint
- Griddled parsnip cake, honey miso butter
- Grilled smoked pork belly, sweet potato hoisin, peanuts
- Avocado and grapefruit salad, mixed greens, watermelon radish, chili lime vinaigrette, toasted cashews
- Spicy pork mapo hash, root vegetables, poached egg, fried shallots, black vinegar, frisee + radish salad
- Banh mi, cauliflower chickpea fritter, avocado, jalapeno, roasted garlic aioli, pickled vegetables, herb salad, togarashi potato chips
- Shrimp and congee, black bean rosemary sauce, red pepper chutney, cornbread croutons
- Hot smoked salmon buns, toasted mantou, cucumbers, pickled onions, "everything bagel" aioli, potato chips
- Bacon + egg ramen, housemade noodles, smoked pork belly confit, poached egg, miso broth, garlicky greens, pickled daikon
- Griddled mantou "French toast," brown butter pears, miso caramel sauce
- Mochi waffle, lop cheong and shiitake cream gravy, two fried eggs