1) SALEM — The Cheese Shop of Salem is now proffering artisan cheeses, meats, jams, condiments, crackers, wine, beer, and more in downtown Salem. The staff combines alumni from the well-regarded Concord Cheese Shop, and the first Yelp review indicates they plan to host wine and beer tastings on weekends. The Cheese Shop of Salem is open Tuesday - Friday 11 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.; Saturday 10 a.m. - 6 p.m., and Sunday noon - 5 p.m. Status: Certified open. 45 Lafayette St., Salem. (978) 498-4820.
2) NORTH CAMBRIDGE — Bon Me debuted its newest brick-and-mortar shop on Labor Day, reports Boston Restaurant Talk. The Vietnamese-inspired, fast casual restaurant is hosting a grand opening tomorrow with "tons of dinner specials." As previously reported, the Fresh Pond Bon Me offers an expanded menu, including a "deluxe" version of the restaurant group's pork ramen; Asian-style fried chicken; sweet potato fries with Sichuan pepper salt; and Bon Me 'dogs. Status: Certified open. 201 Alewife Brook Parkway, Cambridge.
3) KENDALL SQUARE — Cambridge's innovation district has a new place for juice, as Beatnik Beverage Co. opens today. From father-son duo David and Will Gilson — the elder the founder of Groton's Herb Lyceum, and his son the chef/owner of Puritan & Co. — Beatnik caters to the 9 - 5 crowd with cold-brewed iced coffee from Barrington Coffee Roasters, nitro-poured iced coffee, butter-infused Bulletproof coffee, kombucha, and cold-pressed juices made with the Herb Lyceum's bounty. @OnlyInBos notes a BBQ Lemonade, made with lemon, lime, agave, and activated charcoal, sounds especially intriguing. Beatnik is open Monday - Friday from 8:30 - 6 p.m. Status: Certified open. 325 - 355 Main St., Cambridge.
4) WOBURN — WuBurger debuts at 11 a.m. today with customizable burgers and hot dogs; specialty sandwiches, waffle fries, onion rings, and ice cream. The independent restaurant takes over a former fast-food place, Mr. Charlie's. WuBurger is open daily from 11 a.m. - 10 p.m. Status: Certified open. 880 Main St., Woburn. (781) 281-0277.
5) UNION SQUARE — Somerville's newest music venue is taking the stage tonight. Thunder Road Music Club & Rock 'N' Roll Bistro is a venture from Dan Millen of promoter Rock On! and also brings on chef Barry Mauger in the kitchen. The venue spans two floors, with the Walnut Room downstairs available for private events, as well as serving as a nightly lounge. The club has been in the works for more than a year and has actually cancelled and relocated shows it had booked since April. But Thunder Road opens tonight for good, kicking things off with New Orleans-style brass band The Party Band. It is open daily for shows from 6 p.m. - 1 a.m., and it will also serve brunch beginning at 8:30 a.m. on Saturdays and Sundays. Status: Certified open. 379 Somerville Ave., Somerville. (617) 776-7623.