Part of Elm Street in Somerville's Davis Square could be closed down through Friday, reports The Boston Globe, due to the danger of collapse of parts of the old Social Security building, which is currently under construction. Nearly 20 businesses could be affected by the closure, which spans from Dover Street to Grove Street.
- Meju, a Korean restaurant at 243 Elm St., has announced that it will remain closed until the block is reopened; updates will be posted on Facebook.
- Anna's Taqueria is closed today, but it is set to reopen for regular hours tomorrow (Wednesday, June 24); updates will be posted on Facebook and Twitter.
- Redbones, located on Chester Street just off of Elm, plans to remain open, recommending that diners take Massachusetts Avenue to Day Street and then walk through the Starbucks courtyard.
- Diesel is open normal hours today.
- iYO Cafe, Cristo's Pizzeria, Martsa on Elm, and Amsterdam Falafelshop are presumed to be closed today due to proximity and unanswered phones.