Here are a few picks for Memorial Day dining (Monday, May 25). Stay tuned for updates, and hit up the tipline with any additional suggestions.
- Centre Street Cafe (Jamaica Plain): Serving brunch 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Keep an eye out for raspberry doughnuts and a coffee cake-themed pancake. There will also be regular dinner service on Monday evening.
- The Kirkland Tap & Trotter (Somerville): From 5:30 to 10 p.m., get a burger and a (pre-selected) beer for $16. Also available all day Sunday.
- La Brasa (Somerville): Starting at 6 p.m. Monday, there will be wood-roasted lobster ($20) until 10 p.m. (or while supplies last), along with a variety of sides starting at $10 (potato salad, grilled sausage, steamer clams, grits, and collard pie). From 5 p.m. to 6 p.m., there will be dollar oysters.
- Lincoln Tavern & Restaurant (South Boston): Open for brunch from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. The menu includes dishes like huevos rancheros, blueberry pancakes, and spicy chicken & waffles.
- Loyal Nine (East Cambridge): This brand new spot is hosting a lawn party from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m., featuring whole animals roasts, a raw bar, lawn games, and more. Tickets are $55 ($65 at the door, if space allows), which includes plenty of food. Beverages will be available for purchase.
- Stephanie's on Newbury (Back Bay), Stephi's on Tremont (South End), and Stephi's in Southie (South Boston): Open for brunch 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. with "executive" mimosas and more. The patios are open on Newbury and Tremont.
Other ideas for the weekend:
- Explore as many of these patios as you can.
- Try out some new cocktail destinations.
- Cross some of Boston's most essential restaurants off your list.
- Find out which Boston-area burger you should eat right now.
- Stay caffeinated.
- Traveling? Find good food in and around Logan Airport.
- Hop into the Eater Boston forum and share your barbecue tips and more.