- The Fireplace (Washington Square): Open from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. and offering a special holiday menu full of a la carte options. Sample dishes: mini lobster roll; pear and pomegranate salad; cider-glazed turkey; sweet potato pecan pie. [Reservations: (617) 975-1900.] [More info.]
- Beat Brasserie (Harvard Square): Open 11 a.m. to midnight and serving an a la carte menu (including options for children) until 10 p.m. with featured champagne cocktails and live bluegrass, country, and Americana music throughout the day. Sample dishes: Buffalo cauliflower; roast prime rib of beef; pies; crispy chicken dinosaurs and frites for kids. "Leftovers menu" served from 10 p.m. to 11 p.m. [Reservations.] [More info.]
- Park Restaurant & Bar (Harvard Square): Open noon to 9 p.m. and serving the full dinner menu as well as some Thanksgiving specials. Sample dishes: stuffed Cape quahog; prime rib. [Reservations.] [More info.]
- Temple Bar (between Porter and Harvard Square): Open 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. and serving the full dinner menu as well as some Thanksgiving specials. Sample dishes: celery root veloute; traditional turkey dinner; pumpkin pie. [Reservations.] [More info.]
- Hugh O'Neill's: Open at 7 p.m. for drinking. The kitchen will not be open.
- Social Restaurant & Bar: Serving a "leftovers" menu and bar menu from 6 p.m. on. (From 1 p.m. to 6 p.m., there's a traditional turkey dinner with accoutrements for $29/adult and $14/child.) [Reservations: (617) 244-4800.]