Brendan Pelley, Hell's Kitchen alum and executive chef at Zebra's Bistro and Wine Bar in Medfield, is launching a pop-up series as "a fun side project to explore and celebrate Greek flavors while collaborating with friends in the city," he says. Pelekasis, as it will be called, will first appear at La Brasa in Somerville on Wednesday, November 11 and Commonwealth in Cambridge on Monday, November 16.
The dishes below are subject to change, but the La Brasa event will be a late-night souvlaki shop with a la carte options like:
- meze (small plates): foie gras dolmades; kefalotyri saganaki
- spreads: sweet potato; black garlic skordalia
- wood-oven baked pita and wood-grilled skewers of marinated meats served with fried potatoes and tzatziki (optionally, make it a gyro and wrap the meat in the pita)
- vegetarian options, such as mushroom souvlaki
- dessert by pastry chef Kendall Vanderslice (a Sofra alum)
- cheap Greek beer and shots of ouzo