Didn't have time to read Eater this week? Here's your chance to catch up on everything you missed, from restaurant openings and closings to so much ramen and more. Know about something we missed this week? Got intel for next week? Just want to say hello? Hit up the Eater Boston tipline or send an anonymous tip. You can also stay in touch with us on Twitter and Facebook, share photos on Flickr, and get the weekday newsletter.
· Bantam Cider Tap Room — Cider in Somerville's Union Square
· BonChon Chicken — Allston location has reopened after a week's closure to fix a number of violations found in an inspection
· Bricco Salumeria and Pasta Shoppe — A North End salumeria and pasta shop(pe) from the DePasquale team
· The Merchant — A downtown "American brasserie" co-owned by a Sycamore co-owner and featuring two Craigie on Main alums in the kitchen
· Rincon Mexicano — Mexican food in East Somerville
· Scissors & Pie — Pizza on Newbury Street
None this week!
See also: The Colossal 2014 Restaurant Openings Guide.
· The Abbey's Cambridge expansion (into the former Addis Red Sea space) is "coming soon."
· The team behind Trina's Starlite Lounge and Parlor Sports is crossing the river to open a restaurant called Audubon in the Audubon Circle space.
· Bastille Kitchen could open in early April in Fort Point.
· Blazing Paddles, a ping-pong club, is opening in the downstairs space at Game On! by Fenway on March 15.
· Causeway BBQ will open in the former Penalty Box space by North Station in late April or early May.
· A new restaurant that is "French in spirit" (name TBA) is taking over the former Chez Henri space. Behind it: Rene Becker (Hi-Rise Bread Company owner) and Susan Regis (former UpStairs on the Square chef).
· The Central Square H Mart still has a long way to go.
· Liquid Art House is shooting for a May opening.
· Precinct Kitchen + Bar is opening in the Loews Boston Hotel.
· Japan-based Santouka Ramen is expanding to the Boston area (location TBD), and the CEO chatted with Eater about it.
· And more ramen from out of town: NYC-based Totto Ramen is opening in a former fro-yo shop next to Tavern in the Square in Allston.
· Wink & Nod is opening on March 15 in the South End, and the Whisk pop-up team is heading up the culinary program.
· Zo, a two-location take-out restaurant focused on gyros, soups, salads, and the like, is debuting a food truck called Zo on the Go on April 1. Parking spots include by the Prudential and on the Greenway.
· Zoe's Gourmet Chinese Cuisine, which has been closed for months after its facade collapsed, could reopen in a few weeks.
· 7 Must-Try Chocolate Chip Cookies [Zagat]
· The 8 Best Sports Bars in Boston for March Madness [Thrillist]
· Boston's 10 Hottest Restaurants [Zagat]
· Discover South Boston: Supping in Southie [Metro]
· 2014 Top 40 Restaurants in the U.S. [Gayot]
· Local Restaurants Known for One Key Menu Item [Reddit]
Maps Maps Maps
· Updating the Eater Boston Heatmap, March 2014
· Eight Not-So-Classic Cheesecakes to Try Now
· This week in reviews, Ostra gets three out of four Globe stars, M.C. Spiedo gets a quick overview, Baraka Cafe is a "cozy jewel box," Sweet Cheeks' special ramen is "the best," and the Beat Hotel burger gets 87 out of 100 points.
· Find out where "the pork fried rice was tragic" and more in this week's board wrap.
· Chris Coombs reflects on Boston Chops' first year.
· ...and Boston Chops' late-night burger is here.
· Michael Scelfo reflects on Alden & Harlow's first month.
· The Blue Room now has a bar bites menu, which currently includes smoked lamb ribs and floats.
· Au Bon Pain has introduced a hybrid pastry, the CroisBun — a mix between a croissant and a buttery bun, stuffed with sweet cheese and strawberry.
· Buy cookies from Jacky Robert to help feed undernourished kids around the globe.
Hit up the tipline to share your thoughts, or send an anonymous tip through this form.
· Do you have any pizza delivery horror stories, either from the point of view of the customer or the driver?