This marks the conclusion of Pizza Week 2014. We hope you've enjoyed yourselves and that maybe you've added a few pizzas to your to-try lists. Why not start this weekend?
We'd also like to take this moment to give a shout-out to some of the brand new or about-to-open pizzerias and restaurants that didn't get much Pizza Week love due to their newness:
· Crush Pizza: Wood-fired Neapolitan-style pizza in the Financial District. Pick your toppings via a Chipotle-style counter-service system.
· M.C. Spiedo: This new downtown restaurant from Mark Gaier and Clark Frasier, renowned for their Maine restaurants, highlights the Italian Renaissance and offers several pizzas and calzones, including a combination of schiacciatta, walnuts, pancetta, and an egg.
· Scissors & Pie: This brand new spot on Newbury offers Roman-style pizza, cut with scissors and priced by the ounce.
· Pastoral: Set to open any day now in Fort Point, Pastoral will focus on Neapolitan-style pizzas.
· Stoked Pizza: Wood-fired pizza — from a truck! It launches on April 1 with regular spots along the Greenway and elsewhere.
· All coverage of Pizza Week on Eater [~EBOS~]