In February, the James Beard Foundation announced its long list of semifinalists for the 2014 awards. Today, in a livestream, the organization announced the narrowed-down list of nominees. Here are the local people and restaurants that made the cut. Winners will be announced in May.
Best Chef Northeast
· Jamie Bissonnette (Coppa)
· Joanne Chang (Flour Bakery + Cafe)
· Michael Leviton (Lumiere)
· Barry Maiden (Hungry Mother)
· Barbara Lynch (Menton, No. 9 Park, B&G Oysters, and others)
· Watch a livestream of the JBFA nominees announcement [-EN-]