East by Northeast will celebrate its fifth anniversary on January 5, and looking towards the milestone, the team has decided that it's time for a little redecorating and revamping. Beginning tomorrow, November 25, chef/owner Phillip Tang will be shifting the menu to more of a focus on noodle main dishes, with vegetables, buns, and the like acting as accompaniments. The new noodle dishes will be a little bit larger than the old noodle dishes, and diners will be able to order buns individually for easy mix-and-matching.
And you know what else has noodles? Ramen. East by Northeast has been offering a special ramen on Wednesday nights for the better part of a year now, but in this shiny new noodle-filled world, the reborn East by Northeast will offer ramen every night. Plus, a vegetarian ramen offering will be added.
Here's a sneak peek at a few dishes that will be appearing on the menu tomorrow:
- Charred Broccoli: cured mackerel, grilled onions, chili-garlic sauce
- Edamame Salad: apple, kale, pomegranate, creamy sesame miso dressing
- Brussels Sprouts: rutabaga relish, smoked pork belly, fried shallots
- Veggie Ramen: roasted veggie broth, red miso butter, smoked king oyster mushrooms, handmade ramen noodles, soft poached egg, caramelized onion jam
- Red Curry Lobster: butter-poached lobster, egg noodles, squash and coconut red curry sauce, pickled chanterelles, spaghetti squash
- "Mapo Dofu": housemade chorizo sausage, silken tofu, rice cakes, squash, pickled celery, garlic peppercorn oil