Just in time for the final summer weeks when people may actually relish the novelty of putting on a cape and gloves and drinking while freezing, Frost Ice Bar opens tomorrow. The concept is simple: it's a bar made of ice. There are others in the world, but this is a first for Boston, and it's logically located at tourist-friendly Faneuil Hall, because do true Bostonians really want to spend more time than necessary being cold?
Prepare yourself for Frost Ice Bar. Take a peek inside, and review these five things to know:
1. There's an admission fee ($12 for children; 6-12, $17 for students, military, and seniors; $19 for adults), and that gets you in for 45 minutes.
2. Admission includes use of a cape and gloves to keep you toasty, but boots will run you an extra $6. Might not want to show up in sandals unless you plan on wearing rental boots, which sounds just a tad worse than wearing rental bowling shoes.
3. There's a rotating cocktail selection ($11 each). Drinks aren't included in the base admission price, but you can pay for one ahead of time when you're getting your ticket.
4. Bring the little ones during the day; Frost Ice Bar becomes 21+ at 5pm.
5. How does the ice stay frozen? The space is kept at a brisk 21 degrees Fahrenheit.
· Frost Ice Bar [FB]
· All coverage of Frost Ice Bar on Eater [~EBOS~]