Ribelle is one the most highly anticipated restaurant openings in foreseeable future, being Tim Maslow's first solo project following his nationally acclaimed re-imagining of Watertown diner Strip-T's. Today, Maslow and company share the lineup for the staff at the upcoming Ribelle, which is headed for the former home of Tamarind Bay on Beacon Street in Brookline. A representative for Ribelle says to expect a mid-summer opening, decor along the lines of "an open atmosphere" with "neutral colors and natural materials" and "honest yet unapologetic, boundary-pushing cuisine." Here's who will make it happen.
· Jonathan Fenelon: general manager. A veteran server from Craigie on Main, former opening captain at Menton, and current GM at Strip-T's. Fenelon is also consulting on design at the new venue, as he previously told Eater.
· Theresa Paopao: beverage director. Paopao is an alum of Oleana, having served as general manager and wine director there. She also worked alongside Maslow at Momofuku Ssäm Bar, helped open Momofuku Toronto, and has consulted on the opening of Toro NYC.
· Payson Cushman: sous chef. A CIA grad with experience in the kitchens of San Francisco's Quince, Momofuku Ssäm Bar in NYC, and, most recently, The Brooklyn Star. (That's in Brooklyn.)
· Jake Novick-Finder: pastry chef. Current pastry chef at Strip-T's and a former pastry cook at Chanterelle, Gramercy Tavern, Union Square Cafe, and Otto Enoteca Pizzeria in NYC. All that before the age of 24.
· All Coverage of Ribelle on Eater [~EBOS~]