Mexican restaurant Mission Cantina is now open in the former home of Beacon Street Tavern in Brookline, says UrbanDaddy. Eater hears that the restaurant soft-opened last night, and while Mission Cantina could not be reached, UD confirms that the venue "just opened." Here's a quick primer.
1. The ownership from Beacon Street Tavern remains the same, which means giftcards from the previous venue are still accepted here.
2. This is the second Mission Cantina*, the first being in Amherst, which makes this a new cuisine of Mexican food via Western Massachusetts, or Wes-Max.
3. Per UrbanDaddy, there's a pool table.
4. Mission Cantina is Boston's newest source for tacos al pastor. Here's a before and after pic of the main ingredient.
5. Yes, there is tequila. About 40 varieties.
*Technically this is not the second Mission Cantina, as there are other restaurants by the same name elsewhere, but they're far away, so pretend they don't exist.
· Mission Cantina [Facebook]
· Mission Possible [UrbanDaddy]
· All Coverage of Mission Cantina on Eater [~EBOS~]