Ommegang and Saveur Magazine Hop Chef Boston 20013
- Josh Harrison (far left) takes a break from plating his dish to pose with his team from The Publick House. Perhaps the most involved dish of the evening, his duck duo of a pan seared breast, risotto, duck confit gyoza, fennel, mache, and a sauce based on
- Doing his Emeril impression is Tremont 647's Andy Husbands (right) with his Ommegang "wicked good" smoked beef brisket, custard cornbread, and barbecue sauce made with the Ommegang Rare Vos it was paired with.
- Michael Lombardi (and his sous chef, The Flash) from The Salty Pig preparing his yogurt panna cotta with puffed barley, chocolate truffle & cherries. This co-judge's choice was paired with Ommegang's Three Philosophers - a Belgian-style quad beer brewed w
- Presenting to the judges, Joshua Smith (blue-green shirt) of the Franklin Cafe describes his dish of carrots cooked with hops and barley, mango, black rice, and grains of paradise. The dish would go on to tie for first place from the judges.
- Two accompaniments for Joshua Smith's co-winning dish: a carrot powder made from dried carrot pulp, and "hop spice," a concoction Smith made with the same hop pellets used in brewing the beer.
- Attendees had three hours to sample their fill of dishes and beer and place their own ballots for whomever they thought presented the best pairing of the evening.
- The competing chefs congratulate Publick House's Josh Harrison (far left) on his audience choice award.
- Both judges' winners will compete at Ommegang's Cooperstown, NY brewery later this summer for the title of Hop Chef 2013.