Monica Glass, pastry chef at Clio, has been named one of Food & Wine magazine's best new pastry chefs of 2013. Coming to Boston by way of Philadelphia, Clio's personally gluten-free (she was diagnosed with celiac disease in 2009) chef has been at Ken Oringer's flagship restaurant since the end of this past summer. Food & Wine praises her "pretty, dainty and feminine" desserts for being "exquisitely balanced." The editors also note her work shows "just the right amount of restraint." Glass had previously been nominated for Food & Wine's "people's choice" award for the East region this year. That award, announced in April, went to another local pastry chef, Harvest's Brian Mercury.
· Best New Pastry Chefs 2013 [F&W]
· Philly's Most Beloved Pastry Chef Headed for Clio [~EBOS~]
· The People's Best New Pastry Chef - East [F&W]
· All coverage of Clio on Eater [~EBOS~]
· All coverage of Monica Glass on Eater [~EBOS~]
· All coverage of Harvest on Eater [~EBOS~]