THEATER DISTRICT - The Revere Hotel will be unveiling a new 16,000 square foot rooftop space called Rooftop @ Revere on May 19. The seven story-high space will serve drinks and snacks, the staff will be swathed in Pret-à-Surf attire, and there will be private cabanas and chaise lounges. Open 4PM to 10:30PM in May and June, and 11AM to 10:30PM in July. To reserve a cabana, call 617.457.2663, and see below for sample food and drink. [Official Site]
NATIONAL - Dunkin' Donuts and Baskin-Robbins parent company Dunkin' Brands Group Inc. chairman Jon Luther is being replaced by CEO Nigel Travis. Can you believe it? [BG]
SOMERVILLE - Union Square Donuts is making good on a pledge to expand its lineup now that it has relocated into bigger digs. Starting tomorrow, there will be a Brown Butter Hazelnut Crunch doughnut. "Yeah, that's right, we glaze our donuts with butter." [Facebook]
NORTH END - It was close, but a neighborhood organization has approved of a request by the original Pizzeria Regina to obtain a cordials license in addition to its existing malt and wine license. Stay tuned for confirmation, and perhaps a new drink menu. [NEW.com]
Available by the glass and pitcher:
· Hibiscus Rum Punch: Rum, Bacardi 8, Domaine de Canton, hibiscus tea syrup, lime ($11, $44).
· The Frida (Tanteo Jalapeno Tequila, watermelon puree, simple syrup, lime ($11, $44).
· Sangria Blanco (Sauvignon Blanc, St. Germain, lemon, simple syrup, splash of sprite, fresh fruit medley ($16, $32).
Also, frozen daiquiris and coladas and wheatgrass-infused prosecco popsicles!?
Available to eat:
· Nantucket Bay Scallop Ceviche: Bibb lettuce wraps, citrus dressed, coconut shell ($14).
· Bully Boy Tequila Shrimp Cocktail: House-made Bully Boy tequila cocktail sauce, wasabi ($18).
· Spiced hummus: Grilled pita, olives, olive oil ($12).
· Sliders: Black Angus Beef, Caribbean Chicken, Ward's Berry Farm Corn Veggie, ($5 each)
· Mini Maine Lobster Rolls ($7 each).