Theater District restaurant and oenophile magnet Troquet has announced that Sue Drabkin is in as pastry chef. She joined the team in the past few months, and the restaurant, which is run by owner and general manager Chris Campbell and executive chef and partner Scott Hebert, made the official announcement yesterday. According to a press release, Drabkin was most recently executive pastry chef at RIS in Washington, D.C. Drabkin is a graduate of the California campus of the Culinary Institute of American and has also worked at Stone House and Pietra in Rhode Island and at Harvest in Harvard Square.
She shares the following statement: "I am trained in the nuances of pastry, but what I think our guests will taste in my work is much more than technique & fresh ingredients. I have a lifelong affection for art and antiques – I design my own jewelry, too. My desserts embrace creativity and passion, and are very personal to me." Mmm, jewelry... See below for items from Drabkin's new menu, which includes a Lemon Meringue Tartlet with Amarena cherries, torched meringue, pistachio and sour cream-lemon sorbet, among others.
· Pineapple Macaroon Napoleon with crème fraîche, roasted and fresh pineapple, mango sorbet and toasted macadamia nuts.
· Lemon Meringue Tartlet with Amarena cherries, torched meringue, pistachio and sour cream-lemon sorbet.
· Crème Brûlée Gâteau with orange chiffon, feuille de brick, brown sugar ice cream, blood orange sauce, and pomegranate.
· Valhrona Chocolate Soufflé with espresso crème anglaise, and cinnamon truffle ice cream.
· Lime-Ginger Parfait with gingersnap, cassis, lime gel and lemon-ginger sauce.
· Caramèlia Mousse Bombe with hazelnut crumble, bittersweet chocolate sorbet and passion fruit coulis.