Roxy's Grilled Cheese is the latest food truck with plans to open a brick and mortar restaurant. Boston Hospitality and Tourism Industry Blog reports that Roxy's owner James DiSabatino has signed a lease for 485 Cambridge Street in Allston, right near Deep Ellum and the affiliated Lone Star Taco Bar as well as vegan favorite The Grasshopper. The truck confirms that news via Twitter, writing "Cat is out of the bag!" Boston Restaurant Talk notes that Roxy's got its start in March of 2011. The truck also appeared on season two of The Great Food Truck Race on the Food Network. Other food trucks that have gone brick and mortar include Bon Me, with plans in the works for Mei Mei Street Kitchen and The Taco Truck (which has an existing brick and mortar elsewhere), Momogoose and Staff Meal/Rising Sun Tavern. Meanwhile, existing brick and mortar restaurants like Area Four and Sweet Tomatoes continue to go mobile. In other grilled cheese restaurant news, Cheeseboy might also have a place in the works.
· Roxy's Grilled Cheese [Twitter]
· Roxy's Grilled Cheese to Open Restaurant in Allston [BH&TIB]
· Roxy's Grilled Cheese Is Opening a Brick-And-Mortar Restaurant [BRT]
· All Coverage of Roxy's Grilled Cheese on Eater [~EBOS~]
· All Coverage of Food Trucks on Eater [~EBOS~]