What was Max And Dylans in Charlestown's City Square is now closed and is in the process of transforming into a second location of the Seaport District Mexican restaurant Papagayo. Boston Restaurant Talk spotted the change in a Craigslist job posting, and now the Papagayo website confirms it, saying "We are excited to announce that our Max And Dylans City Square location will be closed starting on 4/21 to undergo renovations and will be re-opening on 5/1 as our second Papagayo location." Other Max And Dylans locations remain on West Street downtown and in Bedford, and both Papagayo and Max And Dylan's are run by the Legendary Restaurant Group, which also owns Burger Dive and Sip. Papagayo is also slated for an expansion to Somerville's Assembly Square. On the Papagayo menu: tacos, enchiladas, burritos, tortas and tequila snow cones.
Update: the news was first reported here. [Foodservice East]
· Papagayo to Open in the Max and Dylans Space in Charlestown [BRT]
· Papagayo Numero Dos Will Open in Charlestown [GS]
· Papagayo - all FOH Positions (Charlestown) [Craigslist via GS]
· Papagayo [Official Site via BRT]
· All Coverage of Papagayo on Eater [~EBOS~]