Spoke Wine Bar is now open on Holland Street on the fringe of Davis Square according to a recent post by UrbanDaddy, who also shares a look at the new venue's menu and wine list (that's a pdf, btw). Here's a quick primer on what to expect.
1. Paul Christie of the former Gargoyle's tends bar here, making his triumphant return to the Davis Square drink scene.
2. Spoke is co-owned by the owner of the adjacent Dave's Fresh Pasta, a neighborhood favorite for pasta, gourmet kitchen supplies, sandwiches, wine, beer and more.
3. John Paul daSilva, formerly of No. 9 Park, heads the kitchen.
4. The wine list is divided between "Sparkling/Champagne" (Nino Franco Prosecco di Valdobbiadene 'Rustico' Veneto, Glera, Italy, $38) "White light to full-bodied" (Domaine Augis Valençay Blanc, Loire, France, $30) and "red light to full-bodied" (Lamoresca 'Nerocapitano,' Sicily, Italy, $58).
5. Yes, there is charcuterie. Also, goat milk gnocchi.