The highly anticipated Fort Point restaurant and bar Tavern Road is now officially open. Here's the lowdown.
1. Who's the chef? Louis DiBiccari, of the crazy dinner series Chef Louie Night. His last gig was at Storyville and the adjacent minibar.
2. Why the name? That was the location of the art studio of Louis' uncle, Adio DiBiccari, whose work is also an inspiration for the decor.
3. Is there a weekly feature of the restaurant called "Today's Animal" in which a locally-raised whole beast is the focus of several menu items? Yes.
4. Who's on drinks? Ryan McGrale, formerly of No. 9 Park, who serves "seasonally-focused hand-crafted cocktails" with an emphasis on local spirits.
5. What is TR Street Food? That's like a mini, takeout version of Tavern Road right next to Tavern Road with a menu based on various street foods of the world. That should get going in March.
Tavern Road serves dinner from 5PM to 11PM seven days a week with the bar serving from 4:30PM to 2AM daily. A late-night menu is served from 11PM to 12AM Sunday through Wednesday and from 11PM to 1AM Thursday through Saturday.
Bonus thing: Once upon a time, this space was Blue Wave.
· All Coverage of Tavern Road on Eater [~EBOS~]