Eater Inside: Clover Kendall (Cambridge, MA)
- [Photos: Meg Jones Wall]
- "There's a lot more wood in Burlington," said Muir. "Our architects thought, and I think they’re right, that there’s maybe too much. So here we were trying to make the only wood these big slabs; maybe they get a little more attention, and they don’t compe
- On the far end, there will be a "living wall" of plants. The "community table" on the left is meant to be "big enough that you wouldn’t feel awkward sitting with someone you didn’t know," said Muir. "Almost as big as a bar. Because sometimes groups gather
- The blue path on the floor is meant to be "sort of a connection between the street and Google," said Muir. Google is one of the main tenants sharing the building.
- "One of the things I’m most excited about and I think is most unusual about this is that here’s no back of house," said Muir. "Literally none. You’ll see the dish sink is over there. And we brought the level down on everything, which may seem sort of simp
- The counters and tables are made of a smooth, shiny wood with natural-looking uneven edges. "We had this wood with the very first truck," said Muir. There’s a coffee shop in Northampton that I like that had wood like this, and they told me where they got
- Customers can enter from the street or through a recently-built lobby that also leads to the rest of the building. Up until a few months ago, this was an alleyway.