A possible closure appears to be in store for the pan-Asian restaurant/club OM Restuarant and Lounge in Harvard Square. A post on Chowhound notes that the doors are closed and "the place is a mess." Several calls placed to OM during its regular hours have yielded only a recorded message saying "The person you are trying to reach is on the phone," and an email sent to the venue this morning has not yet been responded to. Meanwhile, an employee previously affiliated with OM tells Eater that it is indeed closing. According to Facebook, OM was open as recently as New Year's Eve. Meanwhile, Eater Chicago reports that former OM chef Patricia Yeo has taken a gig at the Chinese and Thai chain Big Bowl, which has locations in the midwest and in Washington DC. Stay tuned for confirmation about OM's fate and drop any intel of your own via the tipline.
Update: OM has indeed closed.
· January 2013 openings and closings [CH via GS]
· Top Chef Master Patricia Yeo joining Big Bowl [Eater Chicago]
· Om Restaurant & Lounge [Facebook]
· All coverage of Patricia Yeo on Eater [~EBOS~]
· All coverage of OM on Eater [~EBOS~]