Closed Brighton steakhouse The Stockyard is planning to reopen in January 2013 according to the restaurant's website. The Stockyard opened in 1970 and has been closed since the summer of 2012, though the website says to expect a "Grand Opening in January." The restaurant was sold to the owners of The Paramount(s) and The Blarney Stone in Dorchester (who seem to have a thing for restaurants that start with "the") though the new owners previously told the Globe that they would "maintain the restaurant's general concept" but add a new menu and make "some cosmetic improvements." According to Yelp, The Stockyard will reopen on January 31.
· The Stockyard [Official Site]
· The Stockyard [Yelp via CH]
· The Stockyard in Brighton has closed, will reopen [BRT via BBJ]
· Stockyard steakhouse site in Brighton sold for $4m [Boston.com]
· All coverage of The Stockyard on Eater [~EBOS~]
[Photo: Yelp/Julia C.]