Don't get too disappointed by that fall chill, because with it comes a seasonal revamping of menus all over town. Executive Chef Michael Scelfo added some new dishes to the menu at Russell House Tavern last week, highlighting a variety of local vegetables (squash and pumpkin are included, of course) and cheeses. And plenty of meat.
· Roasted Local Squash Plate with Arugula ,Buttermilk, Fennel, Walnuts ~ 9
· Indian Summah Pizza with Sweet Corn & Puree, Roasted Pumpkin, Talleggio ~ 13
· Smoked Pig's Tail Pierogi with Celery Root & Honey Crema ~ 8
· Grilled Prime Rib Knuckles with Roasted Pumpkin Romesco, Pickled Apple, Bayley Hazen Blue Cheese ~ 9
· Crispy Pork Belly Sandwich with Green Curry Aioli, Pickled Carrots & Jalapenos, Mint, Cilantro, Basil Leaves ~ 13
· Mascarpone Filled Burrata with Roasted Root Vegetables, Cider Syrup, Bacon Powder ~ 10
Bacon powder. Pig pierogi. Squash and corn and pumpkin. See? The end of summer's not so bad after all.